2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How goes it fellow Accord owners? Have owned my at the time slightly used ‘20 Sport since mid August of ‘21. Previous to this I had a ‘20 Civic Si that I purchased prior to moving back stateside while living in Japan mid November ‘19. This car was totaled by a completely inattentive driver who hit me at about 50mph while I was about to make a left hand turn, zero brake usage by said driver.

Anyways, going back to Japan and moving back, I almost was going to pick up a new RDX A-Spec SHAWD, but at the last moment chose the Si as I still do prefer a manual. I didn’t chose the CTR as I just don’t care for how it looks and the 2 door coupe just owns it in the looks department for myself and it had a slight resemblance to my very first new car purchase way back when to a ‘03 DC5R Teggy. So with that, not a big fan of sloppy seconds as most people do not really take care of their vehicles and are just an appliance for them, but with Honda discontinuing the Si coupe and the manual Accord going bye bye, I luckily found a low mileage Accord about 26 miles from me. It was the color (or lack of color) I prefer for my Honda vehicles and manual so I jumped on it even before any sort of insurance compensation.

Have been able to use some of my parts from the Si on it, some suspension bits, brakes, my seats and rails, steering wheel and the handful of wheel sets.

Prior to even taking delivery of the Accord, purchased a FlashPro (unable to use one from the Si) and pretty much the whole gamut of PRL pieces (minus E setup). Still waiting on the down pipe as when PRL announced the GESI version, asked for my order to change to it. Hopefully that arrives in the next week or 2 so I can get it, the Ti inlet and MHI turbo on.

It is a fun car to drive, but being 3298lbs stock, it was practically 600lbs more than the Si and is definitely felt when driving, plus the lack of even a band aid helical LSD from Honda, it has so much more to give when that is eventually rectified. The chassis, a lengthened Civic chassis with beefier underpinnings does feel more stable as should be the case with a slightly longer wheelbase. Currently I have shaved about 220lbs from it and would love if I could get it to right at 3000. I’m sure the majority probably wouldn’t care for mine as a daily driver, but it represents me and pretty much how all my Honda vehicles have ended up or came from the factory as…2 seater.

More in the pipeline eventually I suppose.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
459 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I came from a civicX si too, its definitely a change. Always happy to see another manual Accord on here. Idk if I missed it but which engine is the Accord?

Also, not seats. Don't see too many people pulling seats of of these to swap for a sweet set of Brides

·
Registered
459 Posts
The one with an extra 500cc of displacement. ;)
Good call! I loved my si coupe but with the kids it got to be a little bit of a hassle. The second my wife spotted a 2.0 6MT in Still Night Pearl for sale I had to jump on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good call! I loved my si coupe but with the kids it got to be a little bit of a hassle. The second my wife spotted a 2.0 6MT in Still Night Pearl for sale I had to jump on it.
It's not even a fair comparison really between the L15 and K20, though the architecture is pretty much the same between the 2, they are so vastly different in the delivery of go. My Si was quick with the CTR retro clutch, MHI turbo and everything else done to it, but still goes back to no replacement for displacement when both have induction being force fed into them. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's not even a fair comparison really between the L15 and K20, though the architecture is pretty much the same between the 2, they are so vastly different in the delivery of go. My Si was quick with the CTR retro clutch, MHI turbo and everything else done to it, but still goes back to no replacement for displacement when both have induction being force fed into them. :)
You're not wrong. Mine was Ktuner/TSP stage 1 with some acuity shifter pieces and the cheap prl "stage 1" intake filter and hose and it was super aggressive down low but died off at the top end. My Accord is tuned on the Ktuner stage 2 and it just pulls hard all the way thru. The power is so much smoother than it was in the 1.5 so it almost doesn't feel as fast but its definitely a ton quicker.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Beautiful setup. Love the wheels, especially the bronze and the first black ones. I'm assuming they're 18s with beefy tires. Looks great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are lowered correct ?
Currently on SWIFT springs, being built are a set of Silvers with SWIFT 14/10 kgmm springs front/rear.

Tire size is carried over from my Civic, but eventually all will be replaced as they are 245/40 and a 245/45 is more inline with the stock 235/40R19 tires.

And actually thinking about it, unfortunately the Time Attack ZE40s are 18x7.5 with 225/40s on them. These were on my Vezel RS Hybrid (HRV here) in Japan. So not great sizing really for the Accord, but they work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man I think it looks perfect. But with the 45 might look even better . Looks more sporty/ for the track . Enjoy it
My eventual destination with it. Haven’t been on circuit since moving back to the US, sorely missed, but doesn’t seem anywhere near as easy as it was in Japan. Had one circuit I frequented often, show up, buy 30min sessions, typically at least 8 per day available and just attack. Cost was like ¥4000 ($35) a session give or take. Just needed to attend a one-time class on track etiquette and flags, well also yearly license was like $120 if memory serves.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some modifications I installed the past couple days.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Some functionality with the vents to help some heat escape, but mostly aesthetic as it weighs 4lbs more than the stock aluminum bonnet. Shame Seibon doesn’t offer a full dry carbon version to really shave weight on both the car and wallet.

Cylinder Gas Tool Auto part Metal

PRL GESI catted downpipe, had the normal catted version on order, but when PRL announced this one, immediately had my order switched out.

Hood Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

PRL Titanium inlet that I self colored to my liking and up underneath it is a MHI turbo. These have been sitting off to the side waiting for the downpipe to arrive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts