2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving to Miami from Jacksonville FL on Saturday and when I went to pass a car it stuttered and the check engine light came on. Car went into safe mode and had no power. Pulled to the side of the road turned car off then back on. My Bluetooth OBD2 scanner showed 4 pending codes P0300, P0301, P0304 and C1555. I'm on vacation and stopped at the closest dealership and they said they said they showed no code's and it was bad gas put some seafoam in the tank and said drive the tank out fill it up and drive it hard on the way home. Anyone had this issue?

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
How did they not see codes when you did? Unless yours automatically erased them after reading them or something?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They didn't show up on my scanner as a code just pending codes. I filled up the day before and use 93 octane, the technician said to use just 87 octane. I always get my gas at Costco since I got the car, I've got 10,000 on it and no mods.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Was driving to Miami from Jacksonville FL on Saturday and when I went to pass a car it stuttered and the check engine light came on. Car went into safe mode and had no power. Pulled to the side of the road turned car off then back on. My Bluetooth OBD2 scanner showed 4 pending codes P0300, P0301, P0304 and C1555. I'm on vacation and stopped at the closest dealership and they said they said they showed no code's and it was bad gas put some seafoam in the tank and said drive the tank out fill it up and drive it hard on the way home. Anyone had this issue?
For codes P0300, P0301, P0304 see here, and for code C1555 see here. If this was an isolated incident it could be a case of "bad gas" (especially if you got gas from some place you don't normally gas up at). Their recommendation of Seafoam IMO couldn't hurt but I think I would have tried getting gas from a tier 1 gas station before using Seafoam.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
For codes P0300, P0301, P0304 see here, and for code C1555 see here. If this was an isolated incident it could be a case of "bad gas" (especially if you got gas from some place you don't normally gas up at). Their recommendation of Seafoam IMO couldn't hurt but I think I would have tried getting gas from a tier 1 gas station before using Seafoam.
I try and always use top tier fuel. Shell brand, and 93 octane.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
I try and always use top tier fuel. Shell brand, and 93 octane.
I too try to use only top tier fuel... recently after some reading I tried 93 octane just to see if it'll make difference. Still early to really tell a difference as I usually fill up when tank gets half empty... probably will take a couple fill ups before it's all 93 octane.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I use Exxon because when you pay cash they have the best price even compared to the generic stations. About every 4-5 fills I use Chevron for about a nickel a gallon more for the extra detergent and additives they put in their regular.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I returned to Miami yesterday after my vacation, the car had been sitting for 8 days since my ( bad gas ) incident. I filled up and got back on the interstate. The Honda technician said to drive it hard, I followed his instructions and did just that. My car preformed great and no issues. There happened to be the Goldrush Rally going from Miami to Jacksonville yesterday so I got to chase some of those groups and push the car. Does anyone know the top end on the 2.0T? I know I had some good speeds and the car seemed to keep pulling.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
I returned to Miami yesterday after my vacation, the car had been sitting for 8 days since my ( bad gas ) incident. I filled up and got back on the interstate. The Honda technician said to drive it hard, I followed his instructions and did just that. My car preformed great and no issues. There happened to be the Goldrush Rally going from Miami to Jacksonville yesterday so I got to chase some of those groups and push the car. Does anyone know the top end on the 2.0T? I know I had some good speeds and the car seemed to keep pulling.
Don't have first hand knowledge but 155 mph was in this article - Top Speed 2018 Honda Accord Review.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Top Speed 126 per C&D - stock

C&D numbers indicated 126 mph in stock form, likely due to speed limiter - haven't seen anything higher from tuners or speed limit removal.
(Top Speed number was an estimate - and seemed to quote a 1.5 L with a 10-speed automatic!!!)

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
C&D numbers indicated 126 mph in stock form, likely due to speed limiter - haven't seen anything higher from tuners or speed limit removal.
(Top Speed number was an estimate - and seemed to quote a 1.5 L with a 10-speed automatic!!!)
I stand corrected you are right (I was on my phone when searching/posting and overlooked that article referred to the 1.5) also the C&D review "2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Automatic" does state the 126 mph limit is due to a governor ("Top speed (governor limited): 126 mph"). Wonder if any of the aftermarket tuners can disable that governor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Both k-tuner and Hondata web-sites say they remove or allow changes to governed engine (top) speed.
Per speed vs gear calculator the 10 AT looks to be 128.1 mph (6th gear @ 6000 rpm).
Car should reach red-line 6800 rpm in 6th - 145.2mph, which is near V rated tire 149 max.
"Theoretically"10th gear redline is 280.8mph!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Both k-tuner and Hondata web-sites say they remove or allow changes to governed engine (top) speed.
Per speed vs gear calculator the 10 AT looks to be 128.1 mph (6th gear @ 6000 rpm).
Car should reach red-line 6800 rpm in 6th - 145.2mph, which is near V rated tire 149 max.
"Theoretically"10th gear redline is 280.8mph!!!
Thanks for the info.... my (guardian) angels have gotten old like me.... neither one of us will be attempting to find out the top speed. :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts