2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

9th gen owner, bought a 10th gen.

8K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  wickedfx 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a 14 Accord heavily modded and converted to a 17 touring. Our beater broke down, so we got a 19 1.5 sport.
Coming from a V6 I can't stand the turbo lag, but the car itself is growing on me. I'm already getting the itch to mod it, but I need to keep it simple.
Going to try and find someone local with a hondata and pay them to put the stage 1 tune in for me.
I was thinking of swapping over some of my mods, but it doesn't look like any exhaust would fit.

See less See more
#6 ·
Hello, I have a 14 Accord heavily modded and converted to a 17 touring. Our beater broke down, so we got a 19 1.5 sport.
Coming from a V6 I can't stand the turbo lag, but the car itself is growing on me. I'm already getting the itch to mod it, but I need to keep it simple.
Going to try and find someone local with a hondata and pay them to put the stage 1 tune in for me.
I was thinking of swapping over some of my mods, but it doesn't look like any exhaust would fit.
View attachment 3719

#7 ·
View attachment 3719

#9 ·
Hey man how have you been? What are you doing on an Accord forum?? You still doing mods on subies? We will be moving back to AZ around Christmas. I'm trying to find someone to upload a tune to my Accord, like you did for my wrx when I had it. Did you join the Navy?

#13 ·
No clue about someone in Dallas but one thing we discussed previously was how this tune impacts warranty. I've got a certified pre owned Accord so it was important to me the warranty stay intact. By having the dealer do it, it IS intact. Now, if there's engine issues down the road, theoretically they could allege that the problems were caused by the tune and not honor the warranty, but I figure they're much less likely to do that when the dealer themselves did the tune. If you use a 3rd party, I'd suspect they could use that against you if the drivetrain went sideways. I'd call a few dealers and get prices. Mine charged $995 but doing research on it after the fact, I think I could've negotiated that down to $695 without much issue. Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.