2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

A bit of rattle with foot on the brake in D

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  imakehate 
80% of the time when I am at a stop sign, red light, or drive thru and I have my foot on the break and gear is D, there is a slight rattle underneath me. The only exhaust item I have changed is the DP to catless. My question is, could the frontpipe be restricting airflow to cause this rattle? One thing I have noticed is that the longer I have been driving, the louder it will become. Like I said it isn't umbarrable, but I'm a bit OCD lol. Thank you for your help!
Imakehate it you figure out what was causing the rattle at idle? Im having the same issue after rv6 catted dp install. Im ocd too and I literally disassembled and reassembled 3xs in 3 days and it makes me sick just thinking about doing again and still hear that rattle come back.

Have you tried putting the OEM DP back in to see if the rattle goes away?

Check all surrounding heat shields and other surrounding components to make sure they're not touching the exhaust anywhere. Also check the O2 sensors.
Imo its the dp for sure because everthing was perfect before the install. Heat shields and everything is tight as can be and all clearances checked multiple times although I didn't think about the o2 sensor. Did you ever find the cause of your rattle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.