2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. For those of us using the 1.5 base model (LX), the "sport" position of the transmission does not show the gauge for what the turbo is doing when you've got the tach up on the display. I was wondeirng if anyone knows the approximate RPM point or points for the turbo to kick in.

2. I'm wondering what our best guess is about engine durability on these small light weight aluminum turbos. Will they be durable like VW TDI or prone to engine repair.

I don't know why I worry about this stuff I always treat the car as if I'm going to keep it for 200,000 miles but looking back over the decades I've had only one car last that long. I had time to contemplate the pieces of my car in the street and reflect on the great Michelin tires that were on it and all full of nice clean 0-20 synthetic.

Five years ago I passed my Corolla at 135k miles on to my girlfriend and she kept it up to 190k, that's the longest I've had a vehicle. A recurrent check engine light and a failed air conditioner, front rotors prompted her to buy a new car.

Greg N

·
Registered
881 Posts
So Far Brakes seem to be Holding Up Good , Transmission well do You have CVT is suppose to Best in Business .

Air and Other Items - have not seen to many issues yet .

I run Lucas Syn Added Oil Booster when the Miles on Oil Change rolled up past 4K miles ,, 2-3 Oz. added to Warm Oil last change 6400 miles No Oil Use and Filter had approx 8900 miles.
New Filter is On ~ K&N HP1010 which cost more , but Feels like it flows more Oil or 8900 miles maybe pushing it , but rated for at Least 10K on Oil Filter

Booster certainly allows Oil to be used longer , the 1.5 Turbo Accord Package is about what 155 lbs Lighter ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts