2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.0 6MT San Marino Red
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a gently used 2018 2.0 6MT a couple of months ago as my new commuter, and it's been a great car so far. This forum has already been really helpful for a few little fixes and upgrades!

For the last 8 years, I drove a 2004 Pontiac GTO (5.7L V8) and loved it. It was a rare car to begin with though, and difficulty finding parts + more maintenance issues over time led me to a much more practical Honda. This car was a trade-in at a Chevy dealer (original owner bought a new Corvette), and they gave me waaaay too much money for my GTO had they known its history...plus a decent discount on the Accord since no one would even test drive a stick! Win win, especially considering the market right now.

Great car out of the box--excellent handling, great interior, fuel mileage...but it doesn't have the same pull and wide-eyed speed coming from a V8. This is also my first turbo, so I'm still getting used to the throttle response, i.e. rev like ****. It's fun to drive, but I see myself wanting more once we're outside the mileage warranty.

The stock shifter felt like a chinese plastic toy, and the knob was already parting at the seams. Thanks to the good number of 6MT guys on here, I upgraded with Acuity everything plus a Superklasse leather knob. Feels much sturdier, and it springs from gear to gear without any slop like before. Definitely more notchy and less forgiving with the short throw attachment, but it makes driving more engaging. After adding the throttle spacer for heel-toe shifts a couple of weeks ago, I'm making excuses to take a drive!

·
Registered
2018 2.0 6MT San Marino Red
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking for a 6 speed when I was searching around my area and could not find one so I settled for the 10 speed still a great car. What are your plans for it?
In the near term nothing major. Better tires and wheels are on the list, but I’ll mostly stick to interior and aesthetics until the miles rack up.

Changing out the center console trim pieces to the leather ones from Touring trim looks great and feels better when it touches you leg constantly. Wireless phone charger and wireless CarPlay dongle have worked out well too.

I’m in the process of blacking out the chrome on the window trim, and I’ll probably do the front bumper eventually. Don’t mind the bumper styling, but it’s tough to keep looking clean.

I’d really like remote start—a coupe of 6MT guys online have it, but it’s all professional installs these days and a lot of shops won’t take on a manual. On the back burner for now, just like my ass driving on a Louisiana summer day.

Long term, I probably can’t resist tuning. From reading a bit into the results from others, it looks like just a couple of bolt-ons can really open up the 2.0T. Catted DP, intercooler, intake, but I want the exhaust sounding as adult as possible.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Welcome to the club. Fellow 2.0t 6MT driver here. Sounds like you jumped right in and tackled one of the bigger issues being shifter feel. Came from an Si with some acuity pieces to this and its definitely lacking in comparison. I did swap my ktuner over to the Accord and I have no regrets. It really changes the whole driving experience with a tune. Glad you're enjoying yours so far though

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t think you have a 2.0. There is no heated seats and I bet you don’t have a sun roof. Might explain why you have to rev it so much if it is the 1.5. Still a fun car but the price might explain the deal too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.