2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Just purchased a 2018 EX. Was curious what “must have” accessories or upgrades everyone is purchasing/performing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I live in the NW; all season weather mats and truck tray is a must for me. Some time down the road, I want to add the USB ports in the rear vent. I got 3M clear bra installed to keep the paint looking new and I plan on getting the headlights covered too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Paint protection can be a worthwhile investment as well depending on your location. A lot of owners seem to be doing the chrome delete on the grille.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did a chrome delete on the chrome unibrow plus tinted license plate cover.. it pretty clean. Keeps the aggressive black look in the front.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did a chrome delete on the chrome unibrow plus tinted license plate cover.. it pretty clean. Keeps the aggressive black look in the front.
I have a platinum white 1.5T LX and would like to know more before I want to try this. Could you please share the pic of chrome delete and tinted licence plate. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi everyone! Just purchased a 2018 EX. Was curious what “must have” accessories or upgrades everyone is purchasing/performing.
I have a 1.5TLX so some of these may not be applicable for you. So far I have done the following:
1. Painted the brake calipers with 'Red' color
2. Protective film on head lights, partial hood, handle cups, side mirrors and partial front fenders...
3. Phone holder on the left of "Head Unit"...my phone just slides and its right in front of me. My trim doesn't have Apple Carplay so this is good workaround. I use all the hands free Bluetooth commands via Siri to navigate, text, weather, traffic info...etc

Interested in other accessories like the JDM emblems, Chrome Car Tail Throat Pipe Exhaust Pipe Trim Tips Muffler Pipe, Front Carbon fiber bumper lip, Rear Spoiler...basically anything good looking and within reasonable costs to give a more sporting look. Also looking into adding aftermarket blind spot.

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
Below are the accessories I've added to mine and my thoughts/opinion on those additions...

Black Alloy Wheels - love the look of these and get compliments about them
Body Side Molding - think it adds some accent (and protection) to the side of the car
Decklid Spoiler - like the sporty look
Door Visors - like the aesthetics of them but due to the way the windows (especially the rear ones) roll down they aren't as functional as I would like (take a look at this thread - Window visor warning for more info)
Front Fender Emblems (Black) - gives it a sporty (high end) look
Moonroof Visor - like the aesthetics of it but not really sure it is reducing any wind noise
Rear Trim (Black Chrome) - like the sporty look
Splash Guard Set - functional and not obtrusive
Sport Grille (Black Chrome) - like it... the all chrome grill was a little much for my taste
Underbody Spoiler - like the sporty look
Black Wheel Lug Nuts & Locks - functional and aesthetically match the wheels
Door Sill Trim-Illuminated - nice added (custom) accent
Interior Illumination - provides nice under dash illumination
Puddle Light - functional/provides light under doors to see where you're stepping before entering the car
Heated Steering Wheel - eliminates the need for gloves (to keep hands warm) in colder times
Rear Bumper Applique - protects the bumper from scratches as you place/remove items from trunk (since I was going for the "blacked out" look choose the applique vs the chrome one
USB Charger - 2.5 Amp (Rear) - nice for when riders are in the back and need a charging port
All Season Floor Mats - High Wall - nice protection for the floors however I think WeatherTech version would provide more protection although I didn't like the one-piece rear mat that WeatherTech uses
Trunk Mat - Carpet - nice addition/protection for the trunk... picked this one over the all season as I felt I didn't need the added protection for the items I would carry in the trunk
Llumor Window Film - love the aesthetics, protection it provides the interior from the sun, and reducing the heat buildup inside from the sun

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
Holy Crap @Fired00d ! You must have $30K worth of accessories & upgrades! ... (face palm)
LOL!!!! :grin:

I did go a little crazy w/the OEM P&A... my thought was to get anything I might think about/want to add later at time of purchase and get 3 years of warranty if installed at time of purchase vs. 1 year if added later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a platinum white 1.5T LX and would like to know more before I want to try this. Could you please share the pic of chrome delete and tinted licence plate. Thanks!
I don't have pic with tinted license plate.. car is currently at dealership for warranty work. Here is the uni-brow delete using black glossy vinyl.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have pic with tinted license plate.. car is currently at dealership for warranty work. Here is the uni-brow delete using black glossy vinyl.
If this was a DIY, would you mind sharing where did you get the vinyl and how did you do it - is it a wrap or paint?
Not clear in the pic - Did you also do the Chrome delete on the Emblem? I like the front black grill/chrome delete, but undecided on the emblem color.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I took it to a shop to have it installed. It is a wrap. Its a chrome delete except the emblem.
Hey, do you mid sharing how much the shop charged for the wrap? Did they had to take the part out? Also do you see visible dust on the wrap? My car is also white like yours which hides the dust. On a black color, the dust is more visible. Owned a black color car previously and had to go for more car washes than now :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
The 3M clear bra wrap (40% of hood covered, front fenders, whole front bumper, upper rear bumper area, gas cap, area near all 4 mud guards) for $640. I got tint done the same time for an additional $100. The uni-brow delete was $60.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks good

1 - 20 of 28 Posts