2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there , I will upgrade my honda with these parts : PRL front & dwon race pipe , thermal R&D exhaust, PRL intercooler and air filter with intake
( with tuning )

my question is am I on the right path?
- is there will be a problems to the transmission gear such as pressure or heat because of new parts and new horse power ( autmatic cvt 7 speeds )

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome! That is one heck of an intro/1st post.

I'm not being smart with you, but I think the right path would have been to head straight to a 2.0T and purchase it.

All these mods add up, and usually cost more than starting out with a more potent power plant to begin with.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like you're on the right path, however with the limitations of the CVT I'm concerned with long term reliability. Both KTuner and Hondata advise against their highest level tune with CVT. I had the 6 speed manual 1.5T with intake and stage 2 tune from KTuner and in low ambient temps (below 50F) the clutch would slip on WOT in 5th/6th when passing on interstate. I'd say if you had the 6 speed, a clutch upgrade would be crucial but with CVT that's dangerous territory in my opinion. Just a little food for thought though, best of luck. Keep us updated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.