2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, how are y’all doing. So I’ve been looking around and asked on Facebook groups/forums but everyone says go to the dealer and they haven’t experienced it. So for me I’m at 6,000 something miles. So when I shift into first it’s feels like crunchy ( if that makes sense what so ever ) and when I shift into a gear it grinds (sometimes) even though I have the clutch fully pressed in. I can’t replicate it , it happens randomly. And sometimes it doesn’t go fully until gear even though I pull it all the way and Sometimes in reverse the camera turns on and says I’m in reverse but I grind. Please help me. I don’t want to go to the deal and then they tell me “sorry we couldn’t replicate the issue” and send me home with the problem. As anyone else witness this or going through this.

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
Google search found the following thread on another forum - 2.0T 6MT transmission grind that may help you.

Generally speaking...

"What causes a manual transmission to grind?
Grinding or Shaking
If the grinding occurs after engaging the clutch and shifting, this can be sign that the clutch may need to be replaced or adjusted. That said, it can also point towards several other issues including damaged or worn out gear synchronizes."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google search found the following thread on another forum - 2.0T 6MT transmission grind that may help you.

Generally speaking...

"What causes a manual transmission to grind?
Grinding or Shaking
If the grinding occurs after engaging the clutch and shifting, this can be sign that the clutch may need to be replaced or adjusted. That said, it can also point towards several other issues including damaged or worn out gear synchronizes."
Yea I read that thread before but no one mentions them getting it fixed, everyone is just talking bout how their other cars compare to the accord tranny.

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
Yea I read that thread before but no one mentions them getting it fixed, everyone is just talking bout how their other cars compare to the accord tranny.
If it's any comfort at least you know that you're not alone with this issue. Would be interesting to find out if there are any similarities in those of you that are having this issue... IE: similar build dates on the car or transmission itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does comfort me a bit. I just talked to a service rep not that long again and they said “ it’ll be 120 for diagnosing for that and if you are going to be covered under warranty you’ll be fine” but what if they don’t find anything and I just wasted 120 and I still have that problem. But thank you for helping me

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
You may try contacting Honda Corporate directly...

800-999-1009

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
Mail Stop 100-5E-8A
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

hondacertified.com

Monday - Friday
0600 - 1700
Pacific Time

Explaining your situation and see if they can provide any assistance in the diagnostic fee.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey, how are y’all doing. So I’ve been looking around and asked on Facebook groups/forums but everyone says go to the dealer and they haven’t experienced it. So for me I’m at 6,000 something miles. So when I shift into first it’s feels like crunchy ( if that makes sense what so ever ) and when I shift into a gear it grinds (sometimes) even though I have the clutch fully pressed in. I can’t replicate it , it happens randomly. And sometimes it doesn’t go fully until gear even though I pull it all the way and Sometimes in reverse the camera turns on and says I’m in reverse but I grind. Please help me. I don’t want to go to the deal and then they tell me “sorry we couldn’t replicate the issue” and send me home with the problem. As anyone else witness this or going through this.
I'm sorry to hear this. My 2014 Accord manual tranny was smooth as silk. Yours should be too, I hope you get to the root of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts