2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for yall running the ktuner stage 2, has anyone invested in this stage 3(not free) its for stock or with some bolt ons for manual or 10 speed auto

Features:
  • Custom tune with extensive development for use stock vehicles and vehicles with bolt-ons such as PRL HVI or PRL Stage 1 intake, intercooler, downpipe, front pipe and exhaust. Intakes without a proper maf housing design may yield fuel trims which are not as good as the trims with the recommended intakes.
  • REAL DynoJet results: 304 HP 363 TQ on a complete stock 2018 Honda Accord 2.0L Turbo on 93 octane fuel.
  • 314 HP 366 TQ 2018 Accord 2.0T Automatic, PRL HVI, PRL Intercooler Function Werk Race DP/FP, 93 octane fuel
- Power Gains: 50 HP 96 TQ over stock & 32 HP 55 TQ over Ktuner Stage 2
  • Optimized first gear boost target.
  • Optimized Lower Vtec Engagement Point.
  • Optimized Fan Control Settings
  • End User Adjustable Sensor Disables
  • End User Adjustable Throttle Padding & Throttle Responsiveness
  • Rev Hang Delete (User adjustable for manual applications)
  • Advanced VSA Settings (User adjustable)
  • Full Throttle Shift At 5,000 rpms (Manual Vehicles Only)
  • Launch Control At 3,000 rpms
  • ECO Mode Targets Stock Boost Levels
  • Stage 3 Tune Targets A Peak Boost Level Of 24~24.5 psi**
**Maximum boost pressure target is an approximation, and may vary due to atmospheric conditions and other conditions.
Fuel Octane:
Premium fuel is REQUIRED. 93oct+ recommended. Quality 91 octane can be used.
Use of lower quality fuel i.e. California, Canada 91 octane may result in elevated k.con values which will increase knock retard. If your fuel quality is poor you may add 1 gallon of e85 per fill up from empty to increase fuel octane and achieve normal k.con levels and horsepower.

·
Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
Those are some impressive gains... would also be interested if someone has tried this.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Those are some impressive gains... would also be interested if someone has tried this.
Agreed especially since those gains are over existing tuners who know what they are doing and no other mods were done. Would like to compare the boost curves of the two companies.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10spd
48 Posts
I will tell you all this coming weekend. Talked to them on Facebook. Will be flashing Saturday to Phearable stage 3. They are very well known Tuners in the Import scene. Especially in FL.

·
Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
I will tell you all this coming weekend. Talked to them on Facebook. Will be flashing Saturday to Phearable stage 3. They are very well known Tuners in the Import scene. Especially in FL.
Awesome... can't wait to hear how it goes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We will find out. My only concerns are that massive amount of torque. Ordering Hasport mounts today to help a little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will find out. My only concerns are that massive amount of torque. Ordering Hasport mounts today to help a little.
Same, but my concern was mainly the transmission but considering we finally got some numbers from the prl p600 turbo of the limitations of the transmission
I think atleast in that aspect we should be clear in theory

I am strongly thinking of pulling the trigger of this tune as well can’t wait for your observation this weekend

·
Registered
310 Posts
Very smart move. Did you get both upper an lower? They will really help put the power to the ground and minimize wheelhop ect. You will get a little more vibrations in the driveline you will feel at idle from the lower/rear mount, especially as you start getting in to their race and performance stiffness mounts. But very worth it. Wonder why no one has looked at replacing the transmission mounts yet. They would help with that power considering the stock ones do not look very robust either, but their tuned for comfort. I filled the gaps on my stock upper torque one with poly, but considering replacing it with the Hasport one.

Same, but my concern was mainly the transmission but considering we finally got some numbers from the prl p600 turbo of the limitations of the transmission
I think atleast in that aspect we should be clear in theory

I am strongly thinking of pulling the trigger of this tune as well can’t wait for your observation this weekend
Must have missed the post what are the 10spd transmission limits? Is it a ZF? Def a concern that torques comes on hard and fast very early.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very smart move. Did you get both upper an lower? They will really help put the power to the ground and minimize wheelhop ect. You will get a little more vibrations in the driveline you will feel at idle from the lower/rear mount, especially as you start getting in to their race and performance stiffness mounts. But very worth it. Wonder why no one has looked at replacing the transmission mounts yet. They would help with that power considering the stock ones do not look very robust either, but their tuned for comfort. I filled the gaps on my stock one with poly, but considering replacing it with the Hasport one.

Must have missed the post what are the 10spd transmission limits? Is it a ZF? Def a concern that torques comes on hard and fast very early.
Never even thought about transmission mounts definitely need to think about this as well.

Heres the link of the testing its a good read

·
Registered
310 Posts
Never even thought about transmission mounts definitely need to think about this as well.

Heres the link of the testing its a good read

View attachment 5642
Thats actually pretty high toque level from factory. Not uncommon for tuners to limit torque down low like thaat on bt upgrades for rods, transmissions, and longevity in general. Will give it a good read later thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered both mounts. Top and bottom. Installation looks pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes. Stage 2.0 Dual tune.
I ordered both mounts. Top and bottom. Installation looks pretty straight forward.
Cool those are some serious gains under the curve you should see a big difference in the midrange.

Yeah top is super easy. Bottom is straight forward as well, but can be a pitb to get out sometimes. Use some silicone spray ect to help it in and out, and a rubber mallet lol. Use nice amount of grease in the lower and do it once or twice a year with more to help reduce wear and tear/extra vibrations. May want to also check the tightness on the lower one every other oil change or so, blue locktite also helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Going to be next weekend. Hasport is a little behind on production apparently. Will keep you all posted.

Not going to flash stage 3 without the motor mounts though. Not with that amount of torque that low.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
15 Posts
I’ve been on a Hondata flex fuel basemap for a few months now. I noticed Phearable recently released this alongside a Stage 4 flex fuel tune, these gains are really impressive. I caved and bought a KTuner V2 directly from him, looks like he’s running a promotion. If you buy the KTuner from his site, he’ll include a free tune with the purchase.

I’ve also heard good things about John Vega (man behind Phearable), he’s a veteran in the tuning scene. I’ve seen 12+ year old discussions on forums about work he’s done. Exciting to see Vega jump on this platform now.

I’ll also keep the thread posted on results when it comes in. Same for the stage 4 tune when I grab it.

I’d like to chime in on the torque mount discussion. I chose OEM top and lower torque mounts made for the 2.0T 6spd, vibrations have been very minimal (only present during cold starts). The bushing hardness should be the same, but the actual mount is made of aluminum as oppose to the plastic composite. Should help when more power is added all while avoid crazy vibrations, that’s just me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I chose the 62 series from Hasport. Not as harsh as other ones. Also a little bling under the hood is nice 👍

Reactions: DS_0x7CA

·
Registered
310 Posts
Should really be getting most the vibrations from the lower mount, not the upper. At any rate, the increased power def warrants them. I would also see about that transmission mount too. Maybe even fill the stock one. but even with the see 2.0t mount being stiffer, they are not designed for those additional power levels. You will see more slop, wheelhop, and lesser ability to get all that newfound power to the ground. 62 is a good compromise for street. My older ones on .y 2.0t VW were 80 something and while not terrible by any means, but added more vibrations at idle. Putting it N stopped them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an accord 2020 2.0t stock with the phearable stage 3 and yeah is way more power then stage 2 k tuner ...I’m new to the turbo so I wouldn’t know number and stuff lol I do have a question tho if someone has done it ...

I flash the phearable stage 3 like on the YouTube video that they have ..but i didn’t see the guy mess with the quick adjustment like
Turbo response
Early spools
Throttle response
Advance VSA (for wheel spin)

I didn’t mess with that because I don’t want to mess anything up since it got way more power now
I want to be on the safe side

so has anyone on phearable stage 3 mess with those and is it safe?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an accord 2020 2.0t stock with the phearable stage 3 and yeah is way more power then stage 2 k tuner ...I’m new to the turbo so I wouldn’t know number and stuff lol I do have a question tho if someone has done it ...

I flash the phearable stage 3 like on the YouTube video that they have ..but i didn’t see the guy mess with the quick adjustment like
Turbo response
Early spools
Throttle response
Advance VSA (for wheel spin)

I didn’t mess with that because I don’t want to mess anything up since it got way more power now
I want to be on the safe side

so has anyone on phearable stage 3 mess with those and is it safe?
I don’t have mine flashed to Stage 3 yet but I have found that early spool does not play well with the 2.0T, seems to be good with the 1.5T though. I have run with and with out early spool, it feels better without. Everything else I have enabled and will on Stage 3 once my motor mounts come in.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts