2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
15 Posts
I don’t have mine flashed to Stage 3 yet but I have found that early spool does not play well with the 2.0T, seems to be good with the 1.5T though. I have run with and with out early spool, it feels better without. Everything else I have enabled and will on Stage 3 once my motor mounts come in.
Good to know, I’ve heard mixed reception on early spool as well. Looking forward to knowing what end user adjustable parameters/configs are included in this tune. Like if one were to gradually begin to add bolt-ons mentioned in Phearable’s blog (PRL HVI, DP/FP, FMIC etc.) can those be selected within KTuner? Would a completely stock and partially modded car run this same tune?

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10spd
47 Posts
Good to know, I’ve heard mixed reception on early spool as well. Looking forward to knowing what end user adjustable parameters/configs are included in this tune. Like if one were to gradually begin to add bolt-ons mentioned in Phearable’s blog (PRL HVI, DP/FP, FMIC etc.) can those be selected within KTuner? Would a completely stock and partially modded car run this same tune?
Yes, you can run the tune with FBO. They do recommend the PRL HVI or PRL stage 1 for intakes though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t have mine flashed to Stage 3 yet but I have found that early spool does not play well with the 2.0T, seems to be good with the 1.5T though. I have run with and with out early spool, it feels better without. Everything else I have enabled and will on Stage 3 once my motor mounts come in.
Ima wait till I hear something about it
From phreable I don’t want to mess up my car
If u do it let me know how it is
And see if u feel any benefits..for $150 tune is worth it...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ima wait till I hear something about it
From phreable I don’t want to mess up my car
If u do it let me know how it is
And see if u feel any benefits..for $150 tune is worth it...
  • This is from Phearables site.
    Custom tune with extensive development for use stock vehicles and vehicles with bolt-ons such as PRL HVI or PRL Stage 1 intake, intercooler, downpipe, front pipe and exhaust. Intakes without a proper maf housing design may yield fuel trims which are not as good as the trims with the recommended intakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
  • This is from Phearables site.
    Custom tune with extensive development for use stock vehicles and vehicles with bolt-ons such as PRL HVI or PRL Stage 1 intake, intercooler, downpipe, front pipe and exhaust. Intakes without a proper maf housing design may yield fuel trims which are not as good as the trims with the recommended intakes.
Gotcha! I’m all stock tho just gonna put a k&n air filter just order it...
Now...are u on ktuner stage 2 and if u are
Did u mess with the
Turbo response
Throttle response
Early spools
Advance vsa(wheel spin)
I put all those to the highest and early spools when I was on stage 2 ktuner I see it on a YouTube video and went from there
I never really test it to see if it benefit with or without them..I kind of just jumped to stage 3
What I’m really trying to get at is
If u look at phreable stage 3 video on YouTube they flash the stage 3 without messing with the quick adjustments..like I mention above
So I wanna know if messing wit the quick adjustment make the car faster etc
Is way too much power now I want to be on the safe side ...so im waiting for a reply from them or someone else tried it already
Sorry long read 😬

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did u mess with the
Turbo response
Throttle response
Early spools
Advance vsa(wheel spin)
I put all those to the highest and early spools when I was on stage 2 ktuner I see it on a YouTube video and went from there
I never really test it to see if it benefit with or without them..I kind of just jumped to stage 3
If u look at phreable stage 3 video on YouTube they flash the stage 3 without messing with the quick adjustments..like I mention above
Is way too much power now I want to be on the safe side ...so im waiting for a reply from them or someone else tried it already
Sorry long read 😬
I’m on the Dual Tune 2.1 with everything but early spool on. I ran early spool and the car just didn’t feel right to me. Turned it off and I am happy but a little more power would be nice. So I got the stage 3 tune but waiting for my Hasport motor mounts to come in. I will turn everything back on Stage 3 except early spool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m on the Dual Tune 2.1 with everything but early spool on. I ran early spool and the car just didn’t feel right to me. Turned it off and I am happy but a little more power would be nice. So I got the stage 3 tune but waiting for my Hasport motor mounts to come in. I will turn everything back on Stage 3 except early spool.
Let me know when u do flash to stage 3 and mess with the quick adjustment
And see if u feel any benefits from it ..Thankz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Did u mess with the
Turbo response
Throttle response
Early spools
Advance vsa(wheel spin)
Sorry long read 😬
i'm on Stage 2.1 ktuner and i have all the enables on aggressive except early spool as mentioned above it didnt feel right on so turn it off
as for the quick adjustment if they make a difference yes they do imo especially the advance VSA since the factory VSA just cuts your power which was extremely frustrating but the ktuner VSA is superior in every aspect

im gonna go head and do the same when i more than like buy the stage 3 and leave early spool off

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'm on Stage 2.1 ktuner and i have all the enables on aggressive except early spool as mentioned above it didnt feel right on so turn it off
as for the quick adjustment if they make a difference yes they do imo especially the advance VSA since the factory VSA just cuts your power which was extremely frustrating but the ktuner VSA is superior in every aspect

im gonna go head and do the same when i more than like buy the stage 3 and leave early spool off
are u also stock? Just ktuner?
Ima do some research just to make sure we don’t mess anything up I’m at 6k miles so far
That would suck to blow my motor or something

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
are u also stock? Just ktuner?
Ima do some research just to make sure we don’t mess anything up I’m at 6k miles so far
That would suck to blow my motor or something
Yes Stock and just ktuner for 20k miles no problems, other than switching to 245 tires and dumping the stock spin city michellin garbage i had

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes Stock and just ktuner for 20k miles no problems, other than switching to 245 tires and dumping the stock spin city michellin garbage i had
lol yeah they do spin like crazy ...alrighty friend keep me updated with the stage 3 and see how u like it 👍🏻Nite bro

·
Registered
15 Posts
What tires are you on? I was thinking of going 245 maybe even 255, but the sidewall might look a lil ridiculous on the stock 19x8.5 sport wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What tires are you on? I was thinking of going 245 maybe even 255, but the sidewall might look a lil ridiculous on the stock 19x8.5 sport wheels.
I went 245/40
Heres the link to the BFGoodrich i got for the price and performance i got im quite happy waaaaaaaaay less tire spin if any for me with my stage 2 and hopefully will perform similar once i get this stage 3

0DE6DC9B-EDD4-4BA2-ABB5-0F728030452F.jpeg 78DECD0D-E864-4733-9267-724BD52F4644.jpeg 20CACBBD-30C1-4D9F-BE5E-9FB8BBE561C3.jpeg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went 245/40
Heres the link to the BFGoodrich i got for the price and performance i got im quite happy waaaaaaaaay less tire spin if any for me with my stage 2 and hopefully will perform similar once i get this stage 3

View attachment 5665 View attachment 5666 View attachment 5667 View attachment 5665 View attachment 5666 View attachment 5667
Nice! 40 looks way better imo, I’m on Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, which don’t lower the car as aggressively as other springs. But hopefully I don’t run into rubbing issues. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update: KTuner V2 and Stage 3 tune have been delivered.

I had plans to test it today along with Stage 4 Flex Fuel in the weekend. But I received the BCM recall letter in the mail today and decided to take care of that this Friday morning before I fiddle with these tunes. Car is back to full stock for now until the weekend hits.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I want to see some 1/4 mile times w this stg 3... or something quantifiable aside from their own dyno graphs..currently on stg 2.1 ktuner

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want to see some 1/4 mile times w this stg 3... or something quantifiable aside from their own dyno graphs..currently on stg 2.1 ktuner
Don’t quote me on this but I believe this is the latest 1/4 leaderboard for 10th gen Accords. I gotta find out who makes these graphics and covers all this, so we can have the latest and greatest. Notice Phearable’s Stage 4 is already 7th.

These tunes are relatively new so more results will surface as the days go by.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw this when it came out but have been waiting to see any real world information on it. Really wanting to know how K.Control & a few other variables can handle 91 octane.
I can only get 91 octane here, no 93 or E85 and was hopping for some more data. Been running KTuner Stage 2 for a few years now but even it has trouble on 91 depending on quality of the gas.

Went to buy this tune last night and it's now $179.00 instead of $149.00?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Going to be next weekend. Hasport is a little behind on production apparently. Will keep you all posted.

Not going to flash stage 3 without the motor mounts though. Not with that amount of torque that low.
Install is easy. Might need a pry bar to align the bolts on the lower. I have installed upper and lower (62s).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a tracking number from Phearable for a Ktuner V2 with a free stage3 tune. I can't wait to try it. I already have Hasport upper and lower torque mounts. I'll be using 17" snow tires until April though. I have never 'tuned' a car myself before. My 'weekend' car is a 1990 5.0L Mustang (hasn't seen the-light-of-day since November) with a 2.2L Kenne Bell supercharger (@ 8-9 psi) that was professionally tuned on a dyno and Phearable's numbers for their Stage 3 tune on the Accord are about the same, crazy.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts