2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
101 - 120 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
278 Posts
W/M will eliminate the fuel differences. You could also mix a little e85 each tank if it's available in your area bring you up to a constant 94-95 octane without having to install a flex fuel kit. As long as your staying below 15%overall ethanol content should be fine,.but your mpg will of course suffer.
This tune loves high octane, I will say that much. I will try a lil E-85 next.

Reactions: Limegrntaln

·
Registered
3 Posts
This tune is a blast! I didnt care for ktune stg2 a whole lot. Track times were very miniscule. Looking forward to what this tune will do. The stage 3 is massive difference. Just driving around town feels effortless. My initial kcon was around .65-.64 but after about 90 miles is is in the .49-.55 range most of the time. The power also comes on very very smooth. Ill let you know what i run at the track in a few weeks. If you have questions ask away.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This tune is a blast! I didnt care for ktune stg2 a whole lot. Track times were very miniscule. Looking forward to what this tune will do. The stage 3 is massive difference. Just driving around town feels effortless. My initial kcon was around .65-.64 but after about 90 miles is is in the .49-.55 range most of the time. The power also comes on very very smooth. Ill let you know what i run at the track in a few weeks. If you have questions ask away.
Keep us posted on this. Following to see how you like it on a track environment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im interested in the Phearable stage 3, but Im on crappy 91 California Gas. I usually fill up with Chevron, 91 anyway, but Im wondering if its going to be worth getting because I drive my car so much. Id have to add that gallon of E85 like 3 times a week. I drive my 21 Touring about 600-700 miles a week. I bought it at the end of Feb 2021, and I have 9,300 miles on it. Im 62 miles from work, and luckily there are E85 stations by my house, and by work. Just not sure if I want to take that time to only go to a few stations. How many miles can I get out of a W/M tank?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Im interested in the Phearable stage 3, but Im on crappy 91 California Gas. I usually fill up with Chevron, 91 anyway, but Im wondering if its going to be worth getting because I drive my car so much. Id have to add that gallon of E85 like 3 times a week. I drive my 21 Touring about 600-700 miles a week. I bought it at the end of Feb 2021, and I have 9,300 miles on it. Im 62 miles from work, and luckily there are E85 stations by my house, and by work. Just not sure if I want to take that time to only go to a few stations. How many miles can I get out of a W/M tann?
Realistically i got about 15 miles less per tank give or take when i put 1 gallon of e85 everytime i filled up with 91 here in el paso that i noticed

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just not sure if it’s worth it to lock myself to 2-3 gas stations that have e85 along my commute. Because of the distance that I drive and not wanting to have to stop along the way, to fill up, I generally make 2 trips back and forth to work, and then fill up by my house. And that’s usually with 80-90 miles left on the tank. What’s the E85 ratio conversion to filling up with 1/4 of a tank? Or it doesn’t matter, because I’m still adding 1 gallon, and then filling up?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Im interested in the Phearable stage 3, but Im on crappy 91 California Gas. I usually fill up with Chevron, 91 anyway, but Im wondering if its going to be worth getting because I drive my car so much. Id have to add that gallon of E85 like 3 times a week. I drive my 21 Touring about 600-700 miles a week. I bought it at the end of Feb 2021, and I have 9,300 miles on it. Im 62 miles from work, and luckily there are E85 stations by my house, and by work. Just not sure if I want to take that time to only go to a few stations. How many miles can I get out of a W/M tank?
Just not sure if it’s worth it to lock myself to 2-3 gas stations that have e85 along my commute. Because of the distance that I drive and not wanting to have to stop along the way, to fill up, I generally make 2 trips back and forth to work, and then fill up by my house. And that’s usually with 80-90 miles left on the tank. What’s the E85 ratio conversion to filling up with 1/4 of a tank? Or it doesn’t matter, because I’m still adding 1 gallon, and then filling up?
Sounds like you bought the wrong model with all that driving ;)
Its all about controlling detonation really (Ktuner seems to measure knock which same thing). This basically boils down to two things: intake air temp (IAT's) and octane level. More octane, slower and cooler the burn, more power. The cooler the IATs, the denser the air, more power. You should def be running an intercooler with any chip in that climate, especially with 91. Aftermarket IC usually also flow better than stock, which again means more cooler air meaning more power. In this case would be a must for you to have repeatable performance.
Yes w/m would be a great option for you(have 91 octane here and serious heat thats a reason why i ran one). At that point you could run a file that surpasses the 93 octane file (not sure how much is left in stock turbo). As far as how long it lasts depends on your driving habits, nozzle size (which you will be somewhere around 325ml nozzle with the stock turbo probably), and size of the tank you add. I highly recommend setting up the activation light where you can view it and also adding a boost gauge. You should be activating around 8-10 psi and probably full spray around 15psi or so. Most the time in daily traffic you will find yourself able to drive around the system without activating it. A one gal tank last me a couple weeks/tanks, so for you a week maybe. If your serious do a trunk mount tank. Find a supplier in your area that sells VP M1 methanol 5 gal pails or something similar. LMK if you need some help setting one up. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also drive alot. Around 1100 miles a week. I have not had any issues in the last 3k miles and the car is night and day from stock. I usually use the eco mode(stock boost levels) on the interstate. My favorite thing about the tune is how smooth it is. Car sits on the side of a scatpack till about 115-120mph. I personally would say its worth it. Only downside is fuel economy in the city stays in the teens regardless of how you baby the tune. Interstate i get 28-29mpg at 80-85mph. As far as heat soak I havent had any issues. My iat temps get as high as 160s sitting in bad traffic but all other times it stays under 105. I see temps about 5-10 degrees hotter than outside air temps while driving. I get around 350-360 miles a tank. Mostly interstate driving.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The only problem I see with it, for me, is the horrible 91 octane gas we have here. Id need to add that gallon of E85 to the tank to run this tune. Id just have to stick to like 2-3 gas stations. It may prove to be difficult with how many times I need to fill up, in a week.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
mine jumped up to .67 last night after two pulls. Normal driving is at .49 just wondering if that’s normal/ok

·
Registered
278 Posts
mine jumped up to .67 last night after two pulls. Normal driving is at .49 just wondering if that’s normal/ok
You have early spool enabled? If so turn it off. Also don’t run Advanced VSA.

Reactions: tee703

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am looking to get the Hasport mounts for my accord sport 2.0t. im going to get the 62a but do i get the unflanged or the regular one? what is the difference ? I already have the Ktuner V2 from when i tuned my cvt civic so i just need to order the phearable stage 3 tune. i have 3k miles on my car now. that should be enough break in.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
37 Posts
I am looking to get the Hasport mounts for my accord sport 2.0t. im going to get the 62a but do i get the unflanged or the regular one? what is the difference ? I already have the Ktuner V2 from when i tuned my cvt civic so i just need to order the phearable stage 3 tune. i have 3k miles on my car now. that should be enough break in.
Go with flanged, if not the parts will come with the flanges missing and you won’t be able to properly mount them. Here a picture so you get an idea on what the flanges are.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Flash photography Motor vehicle Audio equipment

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0
106 Posts
Very interesting video comparing tunes on a very similar in the ground DynoJet used by Phearable. All dyno's read differently but I still thought this was a very good comparison & same type of dyno used for testing:

I know fluffing numbers has been around awhile but wow.....only 267.3 WHP & 327.1-349.2 FT-LBS. Way off from his advertised numbers and as suspected when Phearable's tune is run back to back it drops power significantly, something the Stage 2 OTS tune does not do even on 91 octane. I suspect K.Control & heat soak was on the rise but no information was given, still more information here than even Phearable has released though.

You can also no longer buy a KTuner unit from Phearable and recieve the Stage 3 OTS tune for free, there is now a $79 up charge on top of the KTuner unit itself. That and raising the price 20% seems a bit much especially after seeing some actual real world testing. Wish there were some more data on all of this.

Thought this was very interesting information.

I was looking to see numbers for this KTune and Phearable tune. I'm impressed! Being in the 300s hp and tq wise definitely has made me want to get KTuner and get rid of my Hondata. But watching the dyno and the numbers going down, I'm thinking heat soak might have played a part so before I get it, I'll be sure to get a PRL or Mishimoto intercooler first.

101 - 120 of 165 Posts