2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
If you have no experience I suggest YouTube. There are a couple videos of the install. Top is easy bottom not so much if you haven't worked with tools much. I suggest getting help with the bottom one especially since you need to be under the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have no experience I suggest YouTube. There are a couple videos of the install. Top is easy bottom not so much if you haven't worked with tools much. I suggest getting help with the bottom one especially since you need to be under the car.
Alright I'll do the top one. I watched ta few videos. Looks super easy. Bottom not so much like you said. My buddy at work knows a guy with a lot of experience and has his own lift. Wonder how much he will charge for labor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
drove the phearable stg 3 tune a lot of the weekend. about 300 miles of highway driving. i had my girlfriend with me and some luggage. The car pulls efforlessly. its actually amazing. you can hit 100+ and not even realize it, with my tuned cvt civic it took some effort to hit 100+. not this car. on the way up on a tank of shell 93 my Kcon value never went over .49. however in the way back i had to fill up at a sunoco gas station with there 93. it stayed at .49 for 20 miles then the 2 lane highway expanded to 4 lanes and went on that way for 15 miles. 2 miles in a mustang GT and a bmw were racing all out. weiving in and out of cars just barly missing them. I had my gf with me and weiving in and out of cars at high speeds with an inch of clearance is just not my thing.

My gf desent mind me going fast so i went as fast as i could when i had large gaps open up. at one point they hit a 1 mile gap where there was no cars. by the time i got to that gap the mustang was a mile down the road and the bmw was a 1/4 mile down the road. i started my all out acceleration and hit 145 mph. i did not feel comfortable going faster. thats the fastest iv ever gone. if it was just me in the car i could have probably hit 150+. once i got to the next wave of cars i could still see the mustang and bmw only a few 100 yards ahead. keep in my they are going all out. im just chilling going fast when theres no cars in front of me. after 12 miles i could stll see the mustang and bmw 300 yards down the road. i sorta kept up with them not even going all out. its not the faster drive thats going to win a lane spilting race.. its the more balsey driver. or the strategic driver. constant weiving actually slows you down. since i waited for lager gaps to open up i was on the accelerater more then they were. probably why i kept up wtith them while driving a lot safer. i was gaining on the bmw on that mile long highspeed run quite a bit. the mustang was just to fast though. i always caught up the more they weived. they were brute forcing it. i was looking far ahead and constantly plaining my next move. i think i changed lanes 15 or 20 times while they must of did it 100 times. my gf hates weiving so when i got a little to agressive 1 or 2 times she got scared so i tamed it back down. All in all im extremely impressed with my car except the brakes suck in these cars.

i only have 400 miles on this tune and my brakes shutter bad when braking at high speeds, even just lightly pressing the brake over 100 mph they shutter. they must already warped to ****. they are fine under 60 mph though. my civc had the same issue. once tuned my brakes were just not cutting it. they got so hot one time they were smoking from hard breaking once from 100mph to 0 mph. i need better brakes

also after driving my car hard my Kcon value was .62 once i got home it setteled back to .55. after my drive to work this moring its now .53. not to bad

·
Registered
19 Posts
Motor mounts installed. Only drivin 5 miles so far. Vibrations at idle in drive are crazy. The whole dash visually vibrates. I took the mounts to a buddy of mine that has a lift. He did the top one in 2 minutes. Then he raised the car and took off the whole plastic cover to gain access to the bolts. Then he used a tripod style adjustable support stand and a block of wood and lifted the engine a tad to get the lower mount out very easy. Took him 45 minutes total. Payed him $100.

After I hit like 5 mph the vibrations go away. The car just feels more solid. Hard to explain. When I start the engine before you could feel thr motor shift and it was never a satisfying start up. Now it's super ridged and feels more satisfying when starting. I like it. Turning feels sharper and more direct. The responses is improved. The engine sound is more gruntier and louder. Nice mod over all. Just hope the vibrations tame down over the next 1k miles.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Motor mounts installed. Only drivin 5 miles so far. Vibrations at idle in drive are crazy. The whole dash visually vibrates. I took the mounts to a buddy of mine that has a lift. He did the top one in 2 minutes. Then he raised the car and took off the whole plastic cover to gain access to the bolts. Then he used a tripod style adjustable support stand and a block of wood and lifted the engine a tad to get the lower mount out very easy. Took him 45 minutes total. Payed him $100.

After I hit like 5 mph the vibrations go away. The car just feels more solid. Hard to explain. When I start the engine before you could feel thr motor shift and it was never a satisfying start up. Now it's super ridged and feels more satisfying when starting. I like it. Turning feels sharper and more direct. The responses is improved. The engine sound is more gruntier and louder. Nice mod over all. Just hope the vibrations tame down over the next 1k miles.
They should settle nicely.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alex4402 can I ask you a question. Did you load the tune as they sent it to you or did you make any changes in the quick enables or quick adjustments. And if you do not mind could you tell me what the default for "Throttle response" "Turbo response" "Boost target ramp" and if they have early spool turned on or off? Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Damn my luck ran out. Car went into limp mode on the highway. It was dumping rain and I went to pass a truck and the car really struggled to rise in rpm then I lost all power and the engine light came on. Had to fight my way to the shoulder. Honestly it felt like the transmission broke. It didn't feel great. Restarted the car and all was fine. After doing some research I must of got water in the intake. Apparently it's a very common issue. I'm surprised there's no recall yet for it. I was worried my motor mounts where the cause. I thought maybe the added vibrations caused the car to miss represent the vibrations as knock so the sensor threw it into limp mode to protect the car. The knock count was at like 120 when it went into limp mode. People on the accord fb page assured me it was not the mounts or the tune it's just the factory airbox was not designed well enough to prevent water from getting into the intake. Apparently the fix is to replace the intercooler and some clamps or something. Not sure what do so about this issue

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alex4402 Its water in the intake. Its happened to me 2 times and both poring down rain. The guys on the other forum are correct. It wont hurt anything but will scare you a little the first time it happens. Turning the car off and back on will fix it every time. I have a 2020 Touring and it did it both times when mine was stock.
Alex4402 can I ask you a question. Did you load the tune as they sent it to you or did you make any changes in the quick enables or quick adjustments. And if you do not mind could you tell me what the default for "Throttle response" "Turbo response" "Boost target ramp" and if they have early spool turned on or off? Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alex4402 Its water in the intake. Its happened to me 2 times and both poring down rain. The guys on the other forum are correct. It wont hurt anything but will scare you a little the first time it happens. Turning the car off and back on will fix it every time. I have a 2020 Touring and it did it both times when mine was stock.
I have throttle response set to factory believe it or not. It was just to Jerky otherwise and there was to much wheel spin. With the motor mounts installed the response is far far better so much so that factory response is plenty. Spinning ain't winning. Also with agressive response I was getting drive line slack some how. Like I'd let off the gas then back on for a moment there's no acceleration then quick jerk from the trans and I go. I didn't like that. I also have early spool off. Advanced vsa off aswell.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What about "Turbo response" and "Boost target ramp" did they come set to Factory or were they bumped up some. If they were factory did you change them any as well? Thank you this is what I wanted to know.
Or any of you guys running this tune where are you running the "Turbo response" and the "Boost target" quick adjustments at....

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
37 Posts
Where would I find instructions on how to install the haspoet motor mounts I bought? I'll be honest I don't have any experience working in an engine bay or even tools for that mater.
Both mounts upper and lower?

Upper is just loosening a bracket and removing two bolts. This takes like 5 mins or less to do.

Lower isn’t as easy, but it’s not difficult at all. Check out Boosted Whipz on YouTube he has a how-to for the upper and lower. He got it done at the a shop for one of his videos but you get to see the process.

Note - Boosted Whipz had a 1.5T so the bracket on the upper is slightly different from the 2.0T, but it’s the same idea.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ugh upper mount delayed at least three days by FedEx. Supposed to be here yesterday. Now they are saying Wed Thursday.

When did they start putting notches in the center? Could have sworn the previous ones were solid. Not a bad thing, will help reduce noise in the engine cabin, won't change the performance.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
37 Posts
Ugh upper mount delayed at least three days by FedEx. Supposed to be here yesterday. Now they are saying Wed Thursday.

When did they start putting notches in the center? Could have sworn the previous ones were solid. Not a bad thing, will help reduce noise in the engine cabin, won't change the performance.
Last I recall the upper torque mount was notched since the beginning, the lower torque mount is the one that is more solid.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
278 Posts
Upper is notched lower is solid.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
need to clean that engine bay 😉
Yeah only had the car month and a half still have quite a few things to do on it. Last owner kept the car outside in a covered awning type garage. There are some scratches from a cat or something on the front left I need to buff out, but going to apply a ceramic clear coat when I start buffing things out. Getting my stereo/electronics and everything with the sound deadening in the rear deck finished is still my main priority for now then I'll work on other things. Plus it's still over 100deg here during the day and too hot start doing certain things. The mount was birthday present from my girl and as you know takes like 5min to install.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah only had the car month and a half still have quite a few things to do on it. Last owner kept the car outside in a covered awning type garage. There are some scratches from a cat or something on the front left I need to buff out, but going to apply a ceramic clear coat when I start buffing things out. Getting my stereo/electronics and everything with the sound deadening in the rear deck finished is still my main priority for now then I'll work on other things. Plus it's still over 100deg here during the day and too hot start doing certain things. The mount was birthday present from my girl and as you know takes like 5min to install.
Feel you on the heat. The humidity in FL this month is insane. Like a steam room outside.
Nice gift from the lady though 👍

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dont kill me I know I should go with Hasport mounts. I am running the Pherable stage 3. I have the 10AT. I want to try the stock mounts from the 6 speed first since they are a little softer and might not vibrate as much. The lower mount on the 6 speed is a different part number than on the 10AT. Do you guys think there is a difference between the two. Do you think the lower mount in the 6 speed is stiffer than the one in the 10AT. I know the top mount on the 6 speed is stiffer than the 10AT.

141 - 160 of 165 Posts