2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First time posting here. I just bought the Brand new Accord, I love the car very much, unfortunately around 400km my TPMS light came on while i was on the highway, i had to pull over to see if I had a flat or something, but turns out it was fine, i made it home and checked the tire pressure and it was normal, I started the car again the next day and the light didn't come on, now it's at 1,300km, it came on again. I checked the air once again and it was the fine again. I recalibrated the TPMS and it went away, then I drove another 20km or so and it came on again. Anyone else having this problem? :crying:

·
Registered
318 Posts
TPMS can be extremely finicky, especially with the fluctuating weather that most people are having. I'd wait it out until the weather improves and if they keep acting up then consider taking it in to your dealer. Welcome to the forum by the way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was about to take it back to Honda, but I will wait a bit since it's warmer out now and I have recalibrated it again and it havn't turn back on. Will keep you guys posted if anything. :devil:

·
Registered
83 Posts
The new Accord uses indirect TPMS system(Uses ABS/VSA to sense pressure, no physical TPMS). When I got my new wheels from 19" to 20". It kept telling me my tires are low. I had to re-calibrate that thing like 7-8 times before it straighten itself out knowing it has a 20" wheel and new tires now. Just saying to keep trying to calibrate it like 8 times to see if there is improvement. Anymore than that, I would bring it in to have them look at it. It's a good thing to try before going to dealership. Because they might say the same thing. It's good to narrow down the possibilities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information. It's been a few days now and it hasn't come back on yet. I will try it a few more time to recalibrate it if the warning does comes back before taking it back to Honda.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hopefully you have a good dealer because sometimes this stuff takes some real diagnosis rather than just being a fix right from the book and not all of them are great with tasks like that.
Once you take it into your dealer let us know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, so since the original post the weather has been nicer and the Tire Pressure light hasn't come back on (25 days), Until... today, it's 26C Degrees and driving on the highway for a bit and the light came on again.... I just recalibrated it again and drove it for 30 minutes and it hasn't come back on, so I wont take it back to the dealership just yet, if it pops up again I just might.... It's so random.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey dude so I used to work at the honda dealership as a service manager. Majority of the time your air is fine, but what I have noticed alot was that they filled excessive amounts of air in the car. Definitely double check that. When I purchased my accord the light came on the second day. Check all the tires no nails or leak anywhere. Check my tire pressure and i had a ridiculious 45 pounds of air. after i decreased the amount and put 35 all way round. never seen that light on since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts