2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2018 Accord LX with the light colored cloth-type material. They say it is ivory but seems more grey to me. Anyway, I can see that keeping it clean is going to be a challenge. Does anyone have a recommendation of the best cleaner to use in the event of a stain or a type of protective spray such as Scotchguard for cars? I also was thinking about getting a seat cover for the bottom only if it doesn't look too stupid. I love the interior of the car and hate to cover the light seats with a big old black seat cover, so thought maybe just the seat cushion cover would help with the regular wear and tear of sitting and just dinginess. I see tons on Amazon but most are a leather-type material and not sure it will go with the feel of the seats so was wondering if anyone has a suggestion.

Thank you, Pam

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Can't give a recommendation on what product to use as I have leather in mine, however check with Chemical Guys or AutoGeek. Both have great products for cleaning/detailing your vehicle.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree. Look up Chemical Guys. I've use many of their products. Great quality at a good price. You can not go wrong with them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2018 Accord LX with the light colored cloth-type material. They say it is ivory but seems more grey to me. Anyway, I can see that keeping it clean is going to be a challenge. Does anyone have a recommendation of the best cleaner to use in the event of a stain or a type of protective spray such as Scotchguard for cars? I also was thinking about getting a seat cover for the bottom only if it doesn't look too stupid. I love the interior of the car and hate to cover the light seats with a big old black seat cover, so thought maybe just the seat cushion cover would help with the regular wear and tear of sitting and just dinginess. I see tons on Amazon but most are a leather-type material and not sure it will go with the feel of the. seats so was wondering if anyone has a suggestion.

Thank you, Pam
Pam, I would suggest getting the black seat covers, I have a 20018 Accord LX also. The same cloth you probably have and I am about to pay $60 to get the inside detailed. I loss my mind for a moment and purchased some food and instead of putting it on the rubber mats on the floor, I put it in the passenger seat. I have tried, purchased supposedly something which was sworn to get the stain out and it has done absolutely nothing. Before that though, I did see where nothing had spilled and yet the seat (s) do not look as they probably did when first purchased. As part of some warranty I did not need to pay for the dealer will clean your seats and take out I think one dent a year. Even that did not successfully remove anything and I had to leave the car with them for at least two days for it to dry. All of this to say, I am also thinking about getting seat covers because I still want the seats to look nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts