2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
My brand new 2018 Accord lit up like a Christmas tree this Tuesday 2/20/18. Running rough. No acceleration. Dealer called and said they’d be changing MAF sensor. Went to pick up today. Got in the car and drove 70 feet. Got out and walked back in and asked for loaner key back. “I’m not taking this car. You need to check the coil pack ASAP.” Car is running lean. It smells. My favorite is that the dealership told me, “we did a 15 mile test drive.” In which I replied. Whoever test drove that car and thought nothing was wrong should be let go of their position. He came outside and smelled the exhaust. He gave me loaner key back. Idk what’s going on but this is frightening. Not even a month old. I’ve got just under 3k miles.

Beautiful car. Awesome engine. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Man that sucks. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. If problem keeps arising and they can't fix it, it could be a lemon. I would tell them to plug in a OBD2 scanner and see what codes they are getting at least.

· Registered
83 Posts
Hey everybody.
Stopped by dealership today. They are my clients. Following up with service manager for integration of my companies services... everything is going great than BAM! - he hits me with the news, "Your vehicle has been in an accident."

WHAT??!

He explains that one of the workers; while parking the vehicle hit another vehicle? Anyway. I've attached the image below. They are sending my vehicle to the body shop now. The part for the turbo charger will be in tomorrow 2/27/18. I'm really speechless. I will say that everyone at the dealership has been taking care of me since the beginning and I know they are not happy about this either. Service manager assured me that vehicle would be taken care of and that they'd be sending it to the best body shop.

Moving forward the entire driver side door needs to be replaced.

What do you guys think? Should I ask any specific questions? This is a lease vehicle... though I wanted the option to purchase at the end of term, however, now I'm not too sure I want too.

I hope they fix the engine problem and I hope the body repairs come out right. Everyone keeps telling me, "It's just a car." "It will be fixed" but my thing is; it's my car. If it was your car idk how'd you react but I believe I'm not wrong in saying that this isn't okay. A brand new car less than 3k miles - goes in for service. MAF sensor replaced - doesn't solve problem. Turbo hose ordered(part on the way) - Someone crashed my vehicle damaging the driving door.... it can't close. It's bent on the frame.

I'm rambling. I just want to be sure I'm not being taken advantage of. This car was an expensive buy for me. 35k after taxes. Tomorrow will make it a week without it. IDK how long it will take to get repaired then theres the situation with the engine. This whole experience has left me feeling sour towards the car and the brand.

Thanks for all your help guys.

- John
Holy moly! I will be pissed if this happened to my car at the dealership. I'll rage all the way. If they tell me "It's just a car". I'll tell them to purchase a new 35k car and give it to me to drive around like an idiot and see how would they feel! Who ever says this should just be shot at the foot. Twice. But it is up to you if you want to continue purchasing your car after leasing it. For me, if a car keeps giving issues. I wouldn't purchase it. This car seems like a lemon. But lets see if a new turbo can repair it. If not, I call lemon because seems like Honda can't figure it out and it's consuming too much of your time.

Since this a new vehicle. Paint matching shouldn't mismatch. But depends on the shop that is doing it. I would get some lighting and look at every angle to make sure the new paint matches up with the rest of the body before signing paper work and driving it off.

Best luck to you man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.