2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Wow can't believe you are having problems like that on a brand new Accord. Think its the first time on here we've seen someone report such issues. It's a good thing you are so attentive as it seems like you could've driven off the lot and caused who knows what kind of damage to the car. Keep us updated on its status, as I'm sure many other owners will be curious on what's causing the problems. And you weren't kidding about the Christmas tree..my lord.

· Registered
320 Posts
I could see that hose throwing a MAF code and causing a loss of power, but that still doesn't explain the smell you've noted and rpm fluctuations. Who knows though, maybe a simple oversight at the factory could have led to your issues, and come Tuesday you'll be back in your new..and improved Accord.

· Registered
320 Posts
Wow, this poor vehicle seems to be a magnet for problems huh. I can certainly understand where your heads at now, as it seems like every problem you've encountered is followed up by something else immediately. Its great to see that the dealership seems just as unpleased with the situation as you are, and are putting forth their best efforts to have everything resolved. I think there are a few questions to ask if you haven't already. Like does this mean that your brand new vehicle no longer has a clean title? Not sure what the process is at a dealership for reporting accidents. And although it is just a car, its a big investment and one you'd like to see a return on. I'd honestly give the dealer the opportunity to get everything replaced/repaired. Did you have a look under the door to see if there was any damage to the body of the car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.