2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
My brand new 2018 Accord lit up like a Christmas tree this Tuesday 2/20/18. Running rough. No acceleration. Dealer called and said they’d be changing MAF sensor. Went to pick up today. Got in the car and drove 70 feet. Got out and walked back in and asked for loaner key back. “I’m not taking this car. You need to check the coil pack ASAP.” Car is running lean. It smells. My favorite is that the dealership told me, “we did a 15 mile test drive.” In which I replied. Whoever test drove that car and thought nothing was wrong should be let go of their position. He came outside and smelled the exhaust. He gave me loaner key back. Idk what’s going on but this is frightening. Not even a month old. I’ve got just under 3k miles.

Beautiful car. Awesome engine. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Mine has same situation. My ride is 2019 Sport 2.0T 6MT. Same symptoms. Dealer called me sayin damaged engine block.

· Registered
136 Posts
My brand new 2018 Accord lit up like a Christmas tree this Tuesday 2/20/18. Running rough. No acceleration. Dealer called and said they’d be changing MAF sensor. Went to pick up today. Got in the car and drove 70 feet. Got out and walked back in and asked for loaner key back. “I’m not taking this car. You need to check the coil pack ASAP.” Car is running lean. It smells. My favorite is that the dealership told me, “we did a 15 mile test drive.” In which I replied. Whoever test drove that car and thought nothing was wrong should be let go of their position. He came outside and smelled the exhaust. He gave me loaner key back. Idk what’s going on but this is frightening. Not even a month old. I’ve got just under 3k miles.

Beautiful car. Awesome engine. I hope it gets fixed soon.

I am really interested to see where this all ended up once said and done.

Personally, and especially as a lease, i would not have settled for anything less than a whole new car being provided to me.. That whole experience has been beyond BS.

This makes me worries as my next Car Purchase, I was hoping it would be a lightly used 2018/2019 2.0T with the 10Speed AT. Looks like I will have many things to consider when that hopeful time does come.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.