2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Accord Sport 2.0T

31K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  StormX2 
#1 ·
My brand new 2018 Accord lit up like a Christmas tree this Tuesday 2/20/18. Running rough. No acceleration. Dealer called and said they’d be changing MAF sensor. Went to pick up today. Got in the car and drove 70 feet. Got out and walked back in and asked for loaner key back. “I’m not taking this car. You need to check the coil pack ASAP.” Car is running lean. It smells. My favorite is that the dealership told me, “we did a 15 mile test drive.” In which I replied. Whoever test drove that car and thought nothing was wrong should be let go of their position. He came outside and smelled the exhaust. He gave me loaner key back. Idk what’s going on but this is frightening. Not even a month old. I’ve got just under 3k miles.

Beautiful car. Awesome engine. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My brand new 2018 Accord lit up like a Christmas tree this Tuesday 2/20/18. Running rough. No acceleration. Dealer called and said they’d be changing MAF sensor. Went to pick up today. Got in the car and drove 70 feet. Got out and walked back in and asked for loaner key back. “I’m not taking this car. You need to check the coil pack ASAP.” Car is running lean. It smells. My favorite is that the dealership told me, “we did a 15 mile test drive.” In which I replied. Whoever test drove that car and thought nothing was wrong should be let go of their position. He came outside and smelled the exhaust. He gave me loaner key back. Idk what’s going on but this is frightening. Not even a month old. I’ve got just under 3k miles.

Man that sucks. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. If problem keeps arising and they can't fix it, it could be a lemon. I would tell them to plug in a OBD2 scanner and see what codes they are getting at least.

#3 ·
Wow can't believe you are having problems like that on a brand new Accord. Think its the first time on here we've seen someone report such issues. It's a good thing you are so attentive as it seems like you could've driven off the lot and caused who knows what kind of damage to the car. Keep us updated on its status, as I'm sure many other owners will be curious on what's causing the problems. And you weren't kidding about the Christmas tree..my lord.

#4 ·
Seems like you know more than the dealership does when you can tell it's running lean and they can't...Thanks for letting us know and hopefully it's a one off problem and not a widespread one requiring a recall. IF they fail three times, that's grounds for the lemon law or a new Accord.

#5 · (Edited)

Man that sucks. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. If problem keeps arising and they can't fix it, it could be a lemon. I would tell them to plug in a OBD2 scanner and see what codes they are getting at least.
Wow can't believe you are having problems like that on a brand new Accord. Think its the first time on here we've seen someone report such issues. It's a good thing you are so attentive as it seems like you could've driven off the lot and caused who knows what kind of damage to the car. Keep us updated on its status, as I'm sure many other owners will be curious on what's causing the problems. And you weren't kidding about the Christmas tree..my lord.
Seems like you know more than the dealership does when you can tell it's running lean and they can't...Thanks for letting us know and hopefully it's a one off problem and not a widespread one requiring a recall. IF they fail three times, that's grounds for the lemon law or a new Accord.
Hey guys.

Got a call on Friday. Was told they’d be changing the turbo charger hose.......

I believe there is more that just one hose associated to any given turbo. I think the dealership and Honda Corporate are trying to be as brief as they possibly can be.

I’m really concerned at this point. I hope it gets fixed. Part won’t be in until this Tuesday 2/27. That will be one entire week without vehicle.

I will be calling Honda again to update claim I’ve made with them on first attempt.

1st attempt: MAF Sensor.
2nd attempt: turbo charger service aka: hose(s)?

We’ll see.

I am currently driving a civic EX-T w/1.5t. Nice car no doubt but cvt is miserable. Also Friday evening a pothole ran out in front of me. I slammed right into it. Got a flat. Bought new tire today. $170 bucks.

I’m having a blast :)

#8 ·
I could see that hose throwing a MAF code and causing a loss of power, but that still doesn't explain the smell you've noted and rpm fluctuations. Who knows though, maybe a simple oversight at the factory could have led to your issues, and come Tuesday you'll be back in your new..and improved Accord.

#10 ·
It's not getting better.

Hey everybody.
Stopped by dealership today. They are my clients. Following up with service manager for integration of my companies services... everything is going great than BAM! - he hits me with the news, "Your vehicle has been in an accident."

WHAT??!

He explains that one of the workers; while parking the vehicle hit another vehicle? Anyway. I've attached the image below. They are sending my vehicle to the body shop now. The part for the turbo charger will be in tomorrow 2/27/18. I'm really speechless. I will say that everyone at the dealership has been taking care of me since the beginning and I know they are not happy about this either. Service manager assured me that vehicle would be taken care of and that they'd be sending it to the best body shop.

Moving forward the entire driver side door needs to be replaced.

What do you guys think? Should I ask any specific questions? This is a lease vehicle... though I wanted the option to purchase at the end of term, however, now I'm not too sure I want too.

I hope they fix the engine problem and I hope the body repairs come out right. Everyone keeps telling me, "It's just a car." "It will be fixed" but my thing is; it's my car. If it was your car idk how'd you react but I believe I'm not wrong in saying that this isn't okay. A brand new car less than 3k miles - goes in for service. MAF sensor replaced - doesn't solve problem. Turbo hose ordered(part on the way) - Someone crashed my vehicle damaging the driving door.... it can't close. It's bent on the frame.

I'm rambling. I just want to be sure I'm not being taken advantage of. This car was an expensive buy for me. 35k after taxes. Tomorrow will make it a week without it. IDK how long it will take to get repaired then theres the situation with the engine. This whole experience has left me feeling sour towards the car and the brand.

Thanks for all your help guys.

- John

Attachments

#14 ·
Hey everybody.
Stopped by dealership today. They are my clients. Following up with service manager for integration of my companies services... everything is going great than BAM! - he hits me with the news, "Your vehicle has been in an accident."

WHAT??!

He explains that one of the workers; while parking the vehicle hit another vehicle? Anyway. I've attached the image below. They are sending my vehicle to the body shop now. The part for the turbo charger will be in tomorrow 2/27/18. I'm really speechless. I will say that everyone at the dealership has been taking care of me since the beginning and I know they are not happy about this either. Service manager assured me that vehicle would be taken care of and that they'd be sending it to the best body shop.

Moving forward the entire driver side door needs to be replaced.

What do you guys think? Should I ask any specific questions? This is a lease vehicle... though I wanted the option to purchase at the end of term, however, now I'm not too sure I want too.

I hope they fix the engine problem and I hope the body repairs come out right. Everyone keeps telling me, "It's just a car." "It will be fixed" but my thing is; it's my car. If it was your car idk how'd you react but I believe I'm not wrong in saying that this isn't okay. A brand new car less than 3k miles - goes in for service. MAF sensor replaced - doesn't solve problem. Turbo hose ordered(part on the way) - Someone crashed my vehicle damaging the driving door.... it can't close. It's bent on the frame.

I'm rambling. I just want to be sure I'm not being taken advantage of. This car was an expensive buy for me. 35k after taxes. Tomorrow will make it a week without it. IDK how long it will take to get repaired then theres the situation with the engine. This whole experience has left me feeling sour towards the car and the brand.

Thanks for all your help guys.

- John
Holy moly! I will be pissed if this happened to my car at the dealership. I'll rage all the way. If they tell me "It's just a car". I'll tell them to purchase a new 35k car and give it to me to drive around like an idiot and see how would they feel! Who ever says this should just be shot at the foot. Twice. But it is up to you if you want to continue purchasing your car after leasing it. For me, if a car keeps giving issues. I wouldn't purchase it. This car seems like a lemon. But lets see if a new turbo can repair it. If not, I call lemon because seems like Honda can't figure it out and it's consuming too much of your time.

Since this a new vehicle. Paint matching shouldn't mismatch. But depends on the shop that is doing it. I would get some lighting and look at every angle to make sure the new paint matches up with the rest of the body before signing paper work and driving it off.

Best luck to you man.

#11 ·
Wow, this poor vehicle seems to be a magnet for problems huh. I can certainly understand where your heads at now, as it seems like every problem you've encountered is followed up by something else immediately. Its great to see that the dealership seems just as unpleased with the situation as you are, and are putting forth their best efforts to have everything resolved. I think there are a few questions to ask if you haven't already. Like does this mean that your brand new vehicle no longer has a clean title? Not sure what the process is at a dealership for reporting accidents. And although it is just a car, its a big investment and one you'd like to see a return on. I'd honestly give the dealer the opportunity to get everything replaced/repaired. Did you have a look under the door to see if there was any damage to the body of the car?

#13 ·
Same issue

I bought my 2018 Accord Sport 2.0 with the 10 speed the end of December and after leaving the dealership and 35 miles later mine lit up like a Christmas tree with poor acceleration and bucking like a bronco. I called the dealer, brought it by and they took it in the back. After about an hour they told me it was ready and said it just needed to be reset... hum.... not what I was expecting, but ok. As soon as I pulled out of the lot, same thing happened. I hung a U'ey and told the service manager it was still doing the same thing. They had it for about 8 days and finally found the problem, the turbo hose blew off. Evidentially they don't tighten them down enough from the factory. I have had it little over 3 months now with no issues EXCEPT the apple car play quit working...... anyone have a fix other than a factory reset of the stereo?

#19 ·
First Off that's an Automatic $2500. in Value or more I known Lawyers that have got $5K some one screwing up Their Vehicle ..
Ouch Period .

I do some issue with sitting so Low in Accord .. - thinking of Raising all the Seats - just for Better Visibility for Curbs . .

#20 ·
That's all of It Not to Bad - but Blow to the New Car - Type Feel for Sure .. I found a scratch in back side window where they Removed the Window Stickers .. Pissed for 2-3 min.

I took 2000X scratch remover for Plastic Lens and Spent 35 min. and 3 stages - Gone ..

That looks like He Opened Door with out Looking .. or the Lift got Him .. Dam ..
That should be a New Door - Period I Believe .. Bending that back and Redoing - He'd have to be One Heck of a Hammer Man and Touching & Brazing etc. Filing
Today it all about Speed , so I'd say they will just Oder a New Door ..then Swamp Out all the Parts . .

Just Between You & Me - I'd Pull a Door right Off a Car in the LOT !
Tell them to Wait on that Car to get Fixed - BOYS ! ( TIME is MONEY - GUYS ) that's what I'd be telling them .. Softly

#21 ·

Mine has same situation. My ride is 2019 Sport 2.0T 6MT. Same symptoms. Dealer called me sayin damaged engine block.

#22 ·

I am really interested to see where this all ended up once said and done.

Personally, and especially as a lease, i would not have settled for anything less than a whole new car being provided to me.. That whole experience has been beyond BS.

This makes me worries as my next Car Purchase, I was hoping it would be a lightly used 2018/2019 2.0T with the 10Speed AT. Looks like I will have many things to consider when that hopeful time does come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.