2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the classic showdown that needs no explanation aside from the fact that this time around there are some major differences with both models, not just with the redesigns but also with what they are capable of. I won't be surprised if most people here end up picking the Accord, after all this is an Accord forum. But given how open people are to gravitate from Honda to Toyota (and vice versa) in this category we should see a lot of points get deeply dissected. Along with using this as a thread to help decide on which model and trim you want, feel free to share articles and many sources as needed.

Here are a couple links from MotorTrend:

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps I may be biased because it was a pre 2010 model, pretty old and wasn't designed for much aside form ferrying you from point a to point B. The newer Camry does look a lot better, but the nameplate is a dark spot to me.
This generation is a completely different beast, if you looked into recent changes from Toyota you would see there has been a massive shift in what their vehicles are all about. Part of what makes up its new TNGA platform is sportiness.

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree. In my opinion, both Accord and Camry are in a really good shape this year. I like how Toyota improved their exterior design, but the interior could've looked better.
Interior is good enough for me and more importantly its good enough to keep them just ahead of rival brands. If rumors of a higher performing Camry are true then we could see some TRD or Gazoo Racing influence happen. But i'll wait. Anyone who requires more can get an Avalon.

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Even if it was a small trim upgrade that has more to do with cosmetics over performance that alone would be a good start for the Camry given all the sporty changes we got already. They don't have to go all out right away and that should never be the approach.

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to see the Accord has ranked so high but even as someone that's also into Toyota i have a hard time choosing either one. Both brands made a big change with both models but so far its seems Toyota went for a better diverse and long term strategy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.