2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mazda6 is another obvious competitor for the new Accord, as they are very close in price and power output. Its worth noting that the Mazda 6 also comes with a turbocharged 2.5l engine, and is also available with a manual gearbox. Here's a breakdown of their specs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Mazda 6 might be available with a manual transmission, but only on the rather anemic base naturally aspirated engine. At least Honda offers a manual on both engine options.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They are pretty comparable on paper, but I don't think you'd find the same sort of sport driving characteristics on the Mazda6. It also has worse fuel economy, which is a little surprising considering their Skyactiv technology. Is there much aftermarket support for Mazda models? I know they have Mazdaspeed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually the Mazda6 is generally regarded as the better driving car with a better interior. Having said that, all things considered including reliability and resale, the edge goes to the Accord. Make no mistake though, a Mazda6 is a fine driving car and the 2.5 NA engine is a decent performer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Those Mazdaspeed Turbos blew up all the time as I recall. I was looking into it as it was seriously kickass in the hot hatch class back a few years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts