2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It depends on how you want your system to sound. You can get your stereo to sound really good just by adding power, adding sub(s) and upgrading all of your speakers. Doing these things can drastically improve the sound but it depends on your preference.. take a factory speakers.. compare it to a a quality aftermarket speaker you can tell just by holding the 2 in your hands how cheap the factory speakers are.. that’s one reason the sound quality is lacking.. add some juice and some punch and you will not believe It’s the same system your listening to!
I just want a bit more punch and quality sound..I never had to modify the sound system on any car before but this one is really lacking on every aspect. Not sure if this will be achievable with just replacing the speakers.

I would be happy with just replacing the speakers and adding an amp if needed but without a sub.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I personally found the Accord sound to be lacking. Not enough umph for what the car actually is. Last week I pulled the trigger on a sound system. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into but with help from friends and people I got to know in the industry I settled for an impressive sound system.
Rockford Fosgate DSR1 DSP Controller
Rockford Fosgate 1200 x 1 @ 1ohm stable amp
Rockford Fosgate 500 x 4 amp
Hertz MPL 165.3 Pro- Front Components
Hertz MPL 165.3 Pro- Rear Components
Rockford Fosgate P3D2 subwoofer
Full trunk sound treatment
Custom rear sub enclousure
Custom LED display
Custom amp rack

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I added 2 sundown subs in my 2019 accord sport . I read about disconnected the anc under the glove box and it still doesn’t work right . When I take off down the road the sub starts to rumble and will not stop until I physically pull over and turn the car off . Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having this same issue! I installed an LC2i to connect a 4 channel amp and DSP for the speakers in the door and another amp in the trunk for a subwoofer. I disconnected the ANC module behind/above the glovebox but still get a loud tone played through the sub but not any of the other speakers whenever I drive - it is not present when stopped at idle. I can get the tone to stop by cracking a window or popping the sunroof. Did I not disconnect it correctly or is there some other thing I need to disconnect? This is in a 2018 Sport - US market. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally found the Accord sound to be lacking. Not enough umph for what the car actually is. Last week I pulled the trigger on a sound system. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into but with help from friends and people I got to know in the industry I settled for an impressive sound system.

If you mind me asking, how much did this system run you and where was the work done? Any issues with the system? It looks awesome, that’s for sure.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts