2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
On my Subaru WRX the plug for the Homelink mirror was already there behind the interior light. It was an option and the wiring harness had the unused plug.

You might look there on the Honda to see if they did the same thing.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m hooking up auto dimming mirror from a 2017 accord this weekend into my 2019 sport 2.0. Without homelink. Was $35. For homelink power you can use the red wire from the dome light. For auto dimming I’m looking for a wire that’s only on when car is on. I’m thinking the sunroof power wire. Will let you know after I’m done this weekend. The auto dimming mirror also has a wire that turns it off for reverse which I don’t use mirror for reverse at night so I’m not hooking that wire up. For garage opener I’m going to install a small button on one of the blank switches to left of steering wheel and wire that into the opener and hide that behind the dash.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Wire in photo is only hot with lights on. It connects to the sunroof control unit. I used that for the hot for my auto dimming mirror. I used the black ground wire from the dome light for my ground. And if you need a constant hot for homelink you can use the red wire on the dome light for that. Mine working good happy with it. Let me know if you need help

·
Registered
42 Posts
Was considering adding rear view mirror with homelink to my 2018 LX, but dropped it for now. I have a remote button on my sun visor and recently converted my garage to a smart garage using myIQ (~ $60), so don't feel a compelling need. I can also open it through the app on my phone - its easy but not as convenient as the remote button or a Homelink on a rear view mirror. The custom button option by @Bricem is probably the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was considering adding rear view mirror with homelink to my 2018 LX, but dropped it for now. I have a remote button on my sun visor and recently converted my garage to a smart garage using myIQ (~ $60), so don't feel a compelling need. I can also open it through the app on my phone - its easy but not as convenient as the remote button or a Homelink on a rear view mirror. The custom button option by @Bricem is probably the best.
I have MyQ opener also. Use Siri button on wheel to open garage but when I don’t have my phone hooked up I have to get it out and open app and it’s annoying sometimes. I’ll send pic of custom button when I’m done. Button cost me $6 already have wires soldered to my remote. Just need to drill the hole in the blank switch slot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have MyQ opener also. Use Siri button on wheel to open garage but when I don’t have my phone hooked up I have to get it out and open app and it’s annoying sometimes. I’ll send pic of custom button when I’m done. Button cost me $6 already have wires soldered to my remote. Just need to drill the hole in the blank switch slot.
Here is the garage door opener setup I just finished. I’m happy with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got the geofence set-up working to automatically close/open my garage when I leave/arrive home. No need of Home link anymore, I was considering adding to my LX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a universal mirror with a three button universal remote. Took about five minutes total to install and program. I just unscrewed the old mirror and slid the new one on. The transmitter is also removable. Looks factory and is a nice improvement compared to OEM mirror. No wiring needed and no warranty issues from dealer. The buttons don’t show like the pic below they are tucked under mirror.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently purchased a universal mirror with a three button universal remote. Took about five minutes total to install and program. I just unscrewed the old mirror and slid the new one on. The transmitter is also removable. Looks factory and is a nice improvement compared to OEM mirror. No wiring needed and no warranty issues from dealer. The buttons don’t show like the pic below they are tucked under mirror. View attachment 4135
I like this idea! Do you have a pic of it installed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Based on the information in that link I'd say that Honda didn't leave a connector that you can use up by the mirror. Too bad. The instructions are good, but there are a lot of steps to do it right.
I ended up paying a dealership about $200 to do that for me, used the genuine part from this very website, they installed it nicely and cleanly, love mine!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts