2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to add the front door courtesy lights to an 10th gen Accord Sport yet? It's currently in the 20s in the Northeast, so I'm less inclined to pull apart my 2019 Sport to look for myself.

I'm a bit ticked that Honda cheaped out on this $6 part for the Accord Sport. It seems the black plastic insert should pop out from the door, I'm just not sure if the wiring exists inside the door. Seeing the 2.0 comes with BSM and heated mirrors, I would assume the wiring is somewhere in the door harness, and just requires the pop in light assemblies.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
Are these what Honda refers to as the "Puddle Lights"? https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V27-TVA-100.html

If so they have the full instructions here: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/accord/2019/puddlelights.pdf

Apologies if that's not what you were talking about :)
I think the OP is speaking of the courtesy light that is on the lower door panel. I know when I was looking at door panel protector's there were some showing with or without courtesy light. Didn't pay much attention to that statement as I thought all models would have them but after their post that may not be the case. :plain:

·
Registered
51 Posts
So there is no harness for it in the door you will have to wire it up yourself there is a video on YouTube on how to do it i haven’t had the time to do it myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I put the courtesy lights in. No, they are not puddle lights which are entirely different. There is a guy on YouTube who made a video on it. You'll find it. Its pretty involved but they're cool. The real pain in the ass is running the wires through the rubber boot in the door jam. That sucks. Check out the YouTube video and see if your up to the frustrations

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I put the courtesy lights in. No, they are not puddle lights which are entirely different. There is a guy on YouTube who made a video on it. You'll find it. Its pretty involved but they're cool. The real pain in the ass is running the wires through the rubber boot in the door jam. That sucks. Check out the YouTube video and see if your up to the frustrations

Quick question, were the wires for the courtesy lights in the cabin side of the door harness? I only ask, because I was thinking of buying an 2019 Accord Touring front driver and passenger wiring harness in my pursuit of adding the turn signal mirrors to my Sport 2.0 6MT. If the wires are in the dash side of the harness, it would alleviate the need to run wires in the door for the courtesy lights..as they'd be there along with the turn signal mirror wiring.

Your input is much appreciated.

Justin

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
Is this the video(s) you're speaking of? (wasn't sure since it says for the following - 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Honda Accord Door Light Installation)...

If so that's a lot of work. :surprise:

·
Registered
56 Posts
On this question, is there 12v constant power available in the door? I would think the door locks would have a 12v constant. If so you could install the courtesy light housing in the hole in the door, tap the 12v constant in the door to power it, then wire in a IR sensor in the bottom of the door panel flush with the surface. When the door is closed the sensor would have the door jamb facing it and open the circuit, when the door is open and it didn’t sense something right in front of it it would close the circuit and turn the light on. Easy way to get lights on when the doors open up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is the door switch on the 2018 EX-L?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts