2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0 Turbo and I am going to add sub but not sure if i should do only one 10" sub or two 10 subs. I don't want to be overwhelmed with bass.. but I still want it to hit well... do any of you have a preference of either one or 2?!?! Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T - M.T.
53 Posts
My preference- 1.

At a previous stage in my life (younger), I had two 15s.

I have one 10" compVR with a non ported box. It hits real well. The amp that is paired with the sub is Memphis. I also changed out the factory speakers with memphis component speakers. I didn't need to attach the components to an additional amp or the amp paired with the sub.

There's no problems with this setup for me- but I had to get some of the trunk covered with dynamat. There was way too much annoying rattle without it.

I listen to rap, hip hop, and podcasts (joe rogan podcast or the tigerbelly podcast).

Another thing you might want to consider is a kill switch that turns off the sub and amplifier. I didn't disconnect the ANC- i just tilt the sunroof or crack open the windows.

If you want I can upload pictures.

Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I just got a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0 Turbo and I am going to add sub but not sure if i should do only one 10" sub or two 10 subs. I don't want to be overwhelmed with bass.. but I still want it to hit well... do any of you have a preference of either one or 2?!?! Thanks.
You need to reframe with specificity your question....I’ve had $500 systems, and $7,000 aftermarket car stereos... asking 1 or 2 10” subs is like asking: which which car is faster- Audi or BMW lol...it has no context!

What model sub/s? Rms? Ported or sealed? Sub box cuft? Amp? Etc etc.... point is you’re asking a very vague question and there fore cannot be definitively answered- let alone “overwhelm” is subjective to the ear..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.