2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting, Hello! I did my due diligence and browsed a bit to see if there were any threads and I didn't see any, sorry if it's been brought up before;
It seems we've already hit a wall on performance for these cars. We've seen the basics at least- intake, downpipe, tune... and some people do exhaust or intercooler upgrades for a few ponies. What I would like to know is what's the next step? Do we know how much horsepower these new engines/trannies can safely handle? Obviously no one wants to be that guinea pig...but I'm curious what your plan is once you've done the first set of performance mods. Turbo upgrade, injectors, engine internals...LSD?
By no means do I want a race car out of my accord but it would be really awesome to have a daily driver with the ability to run low 12s without needing to use NAS lol. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Leave the stock performance controls to the Honda engineers. They have researched this over and over and over again.

Why anyone would want to pay $30K + for one of the best engineered rides on the planet and then risk engine/transmission problems for a few more HP for me make 000 sense.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Leave the stock performance controls to the Honda engineers. They have researched this over and over and over again.

Why anyone would want to pay $30K + for one of the best engineered rides on the planet and then risk engine/transmission problems for a few more HP for me make 000 sense.
LOL no disrespect but why even take the time to respond to the question then? Hondas will always get modified, thats kinda part of the culture, it doesn't matter if its "$30K +"

My honest opinion about the future performance of the 2.0t: look at the performance mods, goals and achievements of the 1.5t. PRL just made over 600whp with a built 1.5t and stock ECU... that is literally insane... There is a huge array of opportunities with this platform, and I think people pushing the limit despite it being a "$30k +" are just the purest of enthusiasts!

I personally am there, I have pretty much every "standard" bolt-on and can't go quite as far as others because I have the 10AT. My next major additions would be: Type-R turbo and flex fuel

·
Registered
172 Posts
Informational Item

LOL no disrespect but why even take the time to respond to the question then? Hondas will always get modified, thats kinda part of the culture, it doesn't matter if its "$30K +"

My honest opinion about the future performance of the 2.0t: look at the performance mods, goals and achievements of the 1.5t. PRL just made over 600whp with a built 1.5t and stock ECU... that is literally insane... There is a huge array of opportunities with this platform, and I think people pushing the limit despite it being a "$30k +" are just the purest of enthusiasts!

I personally am there, I have pretty much every "standard" bolt-on and can't go quite as far as others because I have the 10AT. My next major additions would be: Type-R turbo and flex fuel

What's up dude? So I am curious what down-falls you have heard about the 10-speed in the Accord...:nerd:...thanks and I shall speak with you soon!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check This One Out

First time posting, Hello! I did my due diligence and browsed a bit to see if there were any threads and I didn't see any, sorry if it's been brought up before;
It seems we've already hit a wall on performance for these cars. We've seen the basics at least- intake, downpipe, tune... and some people do exhaust or intercooler upgrades for a few ponies. What I would like to know is what's the next step? Do we know how much horsepower these new engines/trannies can safely handle? Obviously no one wants to be that guinea pig...but I'm curious what your plan is once you've done the first set of performance mods. Turbo upgrade, injectors, engine internals...LSD?
By no means do I want a race car out of my accord but it would be really awesome to have a daily driver with the ability to run low 12s without needing to use NAS lol. Thanks for any input!

If you have social media you can ask him or her...:wink:!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwujfzcBxfu/

·
Registered
28 Posts
What's up dude? So I am curious what down-falls you have heard about the 10-speed in the Accord...:nerd:...thanks and I shall speak with you soon!
I honestly have heard of zero problems from people who are modified and pushing big power :grin: I just dont trust torque converted autos as much as manuals. IN a manual you can burn up the clutch up and just get a new one... you cant do that with an A/T so its just something to be aware of.

I run my car pretty **** hard DAILY and my 10 A/T feels right at home. My accord is tuned, has plenty of bolt-ons and sticky tires, which is a perfect formula for transmission fatigue and failure. Its been running this way for the past 7k miles and everything is peachy. And I would say that, legitimately, those miles are equal to 7k "journalist miles" LOL!

Reactions: azrael69

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh Yes?

I honestly have heard of zero problems from people who are modified and pushing big power :grin: I just dont trust torque converted autos as much as manuals. IN a manual you can burn up the clutch up and just get a new one... you cant do that with an A/T so its just something to be aware of.

I run my car pretty **** hard DAILY and my 10 A/T feels right at home. My accord is tuned, has plenty of bolt-ons and sticky tires, which is a perfect formula for transmission fatigue and failure. Its been running this way for the past 7k miles and everything is peachy. And I would say that, legitimately, those miles are equal to 7k "journalist miles" LOL!

I am going to be tuned up in your area at the end of August. We should meet up and compare. Message me if you think so...:nerd:...laters dude!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am going to be tuned up in your area at the end of August. We should meet up and compare. Message me if you think so...:nerd:...laters dude!

What Mods do you have? and have you put your car on the dyno with the mods?

·
Registered
172 Posts

What Mods do you have? and have you put your car on the dyno with the mods?

The girl has plenty of modifications and dyno time. Show up at Honda Day in September and watch her run down the quarter. Then we can discuss the specifications after...:devil:!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The girl has plenty of modifications and dyno time. Show up at Honda Day in September and watch her run down the quarter. Then we can discuss the specifications after...:devil:!
I am thinking about the cat down pipe so I have no issues!... I will run you before how close are you to ATCO we can meet up.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Where, when, details... share... don't keep the rest of us in the dark. :grin:

·
Registered
48 Posts

I haven't been lost to a 10 AT with my flash yet...Why wait to September!:wink:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good Morning

I am thinking about the cat down pipe so I have no issues!... I will run you before how close are you to ATCO we can meet up.

I am about six hours away from Atco...but I grew up running at Englishtown...so we would have to meet up somewhere. Let me know...:nerd:!

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts