2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this might be a dumb question for some or maybe most, but I’ve heard of others doing this to their car online as well as friends trying but I was just curious if it way okay/safe if I left my airbox cracked open slightly by the metal pins used to close it to allow more blow off noise? 2021 Accord 2.0t. Also, if this is okay, for how long should I leave it? When should I replace the filter? Can I clean the filter? And just to specify the lid is not fully off it’s still covering the filter itself it’s just slightly cracked open maybe about a centimeter or two wide. If u can please help me solve this that would be greatly appreciated. if you need more description I can provide.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’ve heard of people before slightly opening their airbox and leaving the filter either fully exposed or slightly exposed (the way mine is right now) and I was just wondering if this was safe for my engine and how long I should keep it like this? I plan on getting a new filter within the next couple weeks then clipping the cover back on fully but in the meantime will this do any harm? It’s just propped up on the sliver pins used to close the box normally. Just hoping to get a bit more blow off noise
Please advise, thank you

2021 accord 2.0t

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
It kinda defeats the purpose of the filter. Air comes thru that snorkel into the bottom of the box and up thru the filter into the intake tube. Cracking the top would let dirt and debris straight by the filter and into your intake. Sure they’d be small but I wouldn’t want to chance it. Save up the cash and buy a quality intake to get more noise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It kinda defeats the purpose of the filter. Air comes thru that snorkel into the bottom of the box and up thru the filter into the intake tube. Cracking the top would let dirt and debris straight by the filter and into your intake. Sure they’d be small but I wouldn’t want to chance it. Save up the cash and buy a quality intake to get more noise.
thanks for the response I appreciate it I’ll put it back on then when the new filter comes should be getting a k&n drop I’m in a couple days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts