2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running air suspension on your accord? Just purchased site lift performance 3P with 3H system along with accuair cvt tank and wondering if anyone has ride height sensors installed. I’ve located perfect spots for the rear sensors to be mounted but I’m having trouble finding a suitable location for the fronts. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
Can't provide any input on an air suspension, however was wondering if you have done the install? If you have can you post pictures of your car w/this system installed?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey how’s it going fired00d. I actually just finished the install (been procrastinating with the rain and all). Haven’t installed the 3H ride height sensors yet but have the bags installed and operational. I’ll post some photos but please don’t judge the white car after a rainy week lol.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
Hey how’s it going fired00d. I actually just finished the install (been procrastinating with the rain and all). Haven’t installed the 3H ride height sensors yet but have the bags installed and operational. I’ll post some photos but please don’t judge the white car after a rainy week lol.
Matter fact, I’m gonna head over to the wash and get her clean first lol.
Awesome... can't wait to see pics. TIA.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2 questions. How's the ride and how bad did they have to cut up the car to run all the lines? I've been debating between coilovers and air. I've only ever run static on my previous cars, but air seems so much more accessible than it was 5-6 years ago.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
  1. The ride is actually not bad. 30 settings on the dampeners so you just gotta find what’s comfortable to you.
  2. I did the install and besides the small holes from self tapping screws to install clamps for a few areas of the line, there’s no cuts. I ran the 4 lines into the spare tire wheel well from the two medium plugs at the bottom until my ports come in. Then I will be drilling and installing ports to the spare tire wheel well that will be sealed off. Eventually the manifold will be hard lined to the ports(but that’s after I decide how and where my sub/amps will go. If your comfortable with audio installs and simple strut,shock install then it’s easy to install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh wow, this changes things quite a bit for me since it seems like there's minimal/no cutting. I DIY'ed everything on my other cars so this sounds like a fun project.

That is a good point though, I'll have to plan the layout beforehand if I want to be able to have both a sub and a tank back there. As long as I can fit a stroller back there, the wife won't get AS mad ?.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That’s exactly why I went with the accuair tank. It has the compressor built inside the tank so less obstruction for the stroller. My initial plans were to tuck the tank in the spare wheel well but I ordered a 5 gallon tank instead of a 3 gallon which would of fit perfectly in the well. I still might go that route and sell the 5 gallon to buy a 3 gallon. All depends how I set up my subs. Also, if you go with just a tank with external pumps, you can mount the pumps under the deck and tank on the trunk lid and keep ALL YOUR TRUNK SPACE. Just a thought

·
Registered
1 Posts
  1. The ride is actually not bad. 30 settings on the dampeners so you just gotta find what’s comfortable to you.
  2. I did the install and besides the small holes from self tapping screws to install clamps for a few areas of the line, there’s no cuts. I ran the 4 lines into the spare tire wheel well from the two medium plugs at the bottom until my ports come in. Then I will be drilling and installing ports to the spare tire wheel well that will be sealed off. Eventually the manifold will be hard lined to the ports(but that’s after I decide how and where my sub/amps will go. If your comfortable with audio installs and simple strut,shock install then it’s easy to install.
hey any way you can tell me how you ran the lines. i recently bought airlift perfomance 3p kit. and not sure how/where to run the lines for the back suspension

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
hey any way you can tell me how you ran the lines. i recently bought airlift perfomance 3p kit. and not sure how/where to run the lines for the back suspension
@NvousCustoms hasn't been online in 11 months... you may try sending them a private message if they don't reply... they may have their account set up to get email notifications when they receive a message,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts