2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to decrease weight with a wheel upgrade but I am particular about road noise- do the resonators in the stock wheels work well enough I would notice an increase in noise upgrading wheels?
Direct experience appreciated.

· Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
My Sport 2.0T is only slightly noisier with my winter tires and wheels than it is with the factory tires and wheels. (Continental VikingContact 7s, which are one of the quieter winter tires out there.)

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,066 Posts
Noise is a Fine Line ~ It's More like a Certain Resonating Vib that happens more on Certain Asphalt Types - Only happens for a Second as You Pass through Certain MPH
One has to be Looking for It : read : ( Feeling _ Checking _ Listening ) before You would even Notice it ..

That said Weird Item that come with Remove is a Lower MPG @ 80 Mph Mark and Up
Now My Newer Rims aren't as Aero , so this might Impact Mpg also Air Disturbances around sides Vehicle . . Besides Revolving Drag Effect ..
Other Please Chime In ..

Right Now TN has Switch over to Winter Blend and It Sucks @ 28 Mpg today where I Normally get 32 - 33 . . Mild Outside Temps 53 Degrees . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.