2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am one of the lucky owners of Accord X in Europe 馃榿.

So I have wheels (Alutec Pearl 19x8.4 ET40) from my previous Accord (2012 - European mode) and would like to put them on the new Accord.
To be able to do this in Europe we need technical approval by the manufacturer (or officials) that the rims are fitting/okay to be used on the specific car.
Now the issue is that Honda Europe does not issue any paper for the cars that are not sold by them.
So what I would need is to get a paper (confirmation) from Honda US (where my car is from) that the wheels are okay to be used on the car and that having them does not reduce the quality or safety of the car.

Is there someone that can help with this?

Cheers

Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
Would a letter from Alutec work? I think they might be more willing to provide something like that - I'd be VERY surprised if Honda, or anyone from Honda, would be willing to provide anything like that (for something they don't make or sell themselves).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alutec - Europe say that they can't provide anything as Accord 10th gen is not sold in Europe.
In the end it can be any US company selling Alutec wheels that would write such a paper.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. That might work out.

If not I will have to buy Honda wheels. I was already checking online some searches but nothing simple like pictures with part numbers.

Registered
2018 Honda Accord LX Unmodified
Hi,
I am one of the lucky owners of Accord X in Europe 馃榿.

So I have wheels (Alutec Pearl 19x8.4 ET40) from my previous Accord (2012 - European mode) and would like to put them on the new Accord.
To be able to do this in Europe we need technical approval by the manufacturer (or officials) that the rims are fitting/okay to be used on the specific car.
Now the issue is that Honda Europe does not issue any paper for the cars that are not sold by them.
So what I would need is to get a paper (confirmation) from Honda US (where my car is from) that the wheels are okay to be used on the car and that having them does not reduce the quality or safety of the car.

Is there someone that can help with this?

Cheers
what would happen if you simply installed them without the 'approval' of your government? could you be pulled over and ticketed by simply driving with them or is there some 'inspection' performed on a yearly basis that would cause you to fail? if you don't face any tickets just because of them, then simply put the OEMs on at inspection time and reinstall the Alutecs after inspection. if driving with them could be a primary offense (meaning they could pull you over and demand to see your papers) then it's best to simply sell them and move on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The inspection I can deal with replacing them, for cops (being pulled over) I could also somehow get away with (US car, tire size is in the paper....).
The biggest issue is with the insurance. If there is an accident insurance would not cover anything as the car is legally not okay.

Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
So Your Trying to Sell Us some New Insurance ~ BS ~ Sch-ream about Coverage's ?

Really Wheels Fit what's Issue - Wheels are Not Certified for USA ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Your Trying to Sell Us some New Insurance ~ BS ~ Sch-ream about Coverage's ? Really Wheels Fit what's Issue - Wheels are Not Certified for USA ?
What? Relax. If you would read it is about Europe and I am not trying to sell you any stuff. For those who don't know how the system is in EU: When the car is ne all the parts on the car are certified by EU standards from Car manufacturer. If someone installs e.g. Wheels or air intake... (whatever) this part needs to be verified by notified body (e.g. TUEV - main one in Germany but there are others) that the part fits the car and does not decrease any car safety/operation. As such the notified body issues a certificate report that such a part is okay to be installed for specific car model/type. If someone installs for example wheels that do not have the certification for specific car then the car is technically not okay and does not pass technical inspection. What this also means is that if there is an accident (not relevant whose fault it is) the insurance company does not cover anything (they legally claim that the car is not technically okay). (I would not go in details as if my car is on a parking spot/not driving and someone else hits my car that I can go to court with the insurance... This is time and money). For my specific example I see I have 2 options: -certify the wheels for the car myself -buy original honda 19 inch wheels - if anyone is selling them please PM me.

Registered
@desmil will any OEM Honda 19 inch wheel do the work? If so, there's plenty of OEM 19' for sale from CR-V 3 and they're relatively cheap, as (almost) no one wants SUV on 19 inch wheels. They're sold for between 300 and 500 euro oer set here (Bulgaria). You could import such also from UK if possible to you.

Minding your flag, I assume you're from Slovenia, right?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am from Slovenia.

And yeah any nice looking 19inch wheels would be okay.
Preferably 8.5 and ET towards 40 so the rims are nicely at the edge thus barely passing technical control.
Good point to look at other wheels from Honda - didn't check them yet. I was more focusing on Accord designed wheels which are hard to get in EU without import from US and tax that comes with it.

Do you have any local Bulgarian second hand Web site you can share? I know about Slovene and Austrian ones.

Registered
This is the most popular second hand stuff site in Bulgaria and I found an example for you:
(and cheapest offer on the web)
Example also from Romania:

Just stay away of Civic 9/10 Type R 19' alloys, as they are on 5x120 instead of 5x114.3.

Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
OK, Cool - Understand Now - Thanks

Yeah IO forgot how Tough it is to get Mods done over there ..that are Legal :coffee:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts