2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Honda seems to be a laggard. Toyota and Mazda already have it. Hope Honda comes out soon with a retrofit for Apple CarPlay. I have a 2018 LX and eagerly waiting ...
https://www.msn.com/en-ph/autos/new...alexa-with-new-retrofit/ar-BBWpoIP?li=AAxCjZq

Anyone knows an aftermarket retrofit and/or have done it, please share.
Apple Car Play was available as a free down load in Sept. 2018. Since then I have enjoyed using WAZE and Google Maps. I assume other programs associated with Car Play work as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apple Car Play was available as a free down load in Sept. 2018. Since then I have enjoyed using WAZE and Google Maps. I assume other programs associated with Car Play work as well.
Was this for LX? Not sure if a download option for any software update is available in LX.

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
Honda website (if it's correct) is showing that is not a standard feature on the 2018 LX model. May want to check w/a dealership to see if there is anyway your car can be upgraded/retrofitted for that feature.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I'm a bit of a Luddite. I'm not sure I'd know how to use it if I had it. I think it's only available on the Sport or higher hybrids. Mine is the base model without the annoying sunroof. Good luck figuring out how to get it set up on your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts