2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lip kit and car in general is super clean man! I have a 2018 Touring 2.0T in the same Modern Steel Metallic color, only have the front lip but this is making me think maybe I should do a bit more... haha.

In terms of charge pipes, I would say you will be fine without them. I am FBO with the CTR turbo as well, tuned by Derek Robinson and I do not have the charge pipes. Before I upgraded the turbo and what not, I was Pherable tuned, DP, FP, exhaust, intake, FMIC, etc... No charge pipes and no issues.

I believe the charge pipes are a great addition to a set up, but I think they are really for those who are chasing every last ounce of power that they can get out of our cars. You should be totally fine with bolt ons and a tune.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lip kit and car in general is super clean man! I have a 2018 Touring 2.0T in the same Modern Steel Metallic color, only have the front lip but this is making me think maybe I should do a bit more... haha.

In terms of charge pipes, I would say you will be fine without them. I am FBO with the CTR turbo as well, tuned by Derek Robinson and I do not have the charge pipes. Before I upgraded the turbo and what not, I was Pherable tuned, DP, FP, exhaust, intake, FMIC, etc... No charge pipes and no issues.

I believe the charge pipes are a great addition to a set up, but I think they are really for those who are chasing every last ounce of power that they can get out of our cars. You should be totally fine with bolt ons and a tune.
Thank you bro, very much appreciated. You should for sure get side skirts and rear aprons. They are a must. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, Im planning to do the basic bolts ons on my accord. No upgraded turbo or flex fuel anytime soon. I just plan on running stage 2 or phearable tune with intake, dp, fp, ic. Do you think i should add charge pipes too? Or is it unnecessary? Here’s also some pics of my car. View attachment 8314
View attachment 8313
View attachment 8315
I would, recommend if you can afford it, to make all the changes at one time. This will allow you to make one tune vs several. You will end up paying more in the long run with multiple tunes each time you add. I changed the charge pipes and the intercooler on my build to prevent as much heat soak to the turbo. If your going with all the other bolt-on’s changing the turbo makes sense.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
what you got done to your car? and how much are you pushing?
PRL P600 Turbo w/installation kit
PRL Intercooler and charge pipes
PRL Front Pipe
PRL High Volume Catted down pipe
PRL High Volume Air intake
PRL Titanium Intake
Flex Fuel Kit
KTuner V2
Borla Cat-back Exhaust

I will have my final tune in Friday with Derrick from KTuner. We will shoot for a 40% ethanol mix. I will post the numbers them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PRL P600 Turbo w/installation kit
PRL Intercooler and charge pipes
PRL Front Pipe
PRL High Volume Catted down pipe
PRL High Volume Air intake
PRL Titanium Intake
Flex Fuel Kit
KTuner V2
Borla Cat-back Exhaust

I will have my final tune in Friday with Derrick from KTuner. We will shoot for a 40% ethanol mix. I will post the numbers them.
Nice man would love to se it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If Your Not Planning on doing the R~Type stage 2
or Slightly Higher Quality Mid Turbo with Stage 2 then - No You really don't need the Hard Inter_cooler Piping ./. ( Stay in Stage 1 ) or Stay away from Ethanol Bend Kit & Injectors

I Guess the Air Speed Turbo Exit Heat - anything over 325HP , Even thou Your Passing it through Nice IC to Cool - once that Larger Amount Boost Hits the Smaller Plastic Pipes
( Start making Heat _ Past Inner Cooler ) with Higher HP comes More Volume of Gases Moving through Motor ..

So Any of those Turbo's done with low Boost say Aggressive Stage 1 & Inner_Cooler & Hi Flow Intake system so Turbo isn't working as Hard
Would Not have to but Ya Gain Eff% with Hard Piping ./.

As Soon as Ya Add - or - Move to Stage II - Should be Looking at Hard Pipe Kits ..

With the Other Top Tier Turbo's 600 & 700 it's a " Must " on Hard Piping as small Plastic Pipes Air will be Supersonic in Small Pipes & Tighter Bends ..
Supersonic Air Speed ~ Your Making Heat ~ so the Combo Defeats Adding of Inter_Cooler ~ Hence It is a MUST !

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Those that just want to Run Much Better on Stage 1+
say Type R with 21Psi ~ 23Psi vs 27Psi should be OK with ~ Inter_cooler - 1 Step Cooler Plugs and K&N
Cat DP - should be able to Keep Stage 1 or ECO Tune - still have more Power in Upper RPM Range .. is all mean to say for those on Budget ..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Air in these Area's are Heated Up do to Compression & Going Super Sonic , then Air is Heated More as CHRA being Pushed Harder by Hotter & Hotter by more Exhaust &
Faster Btu
Inputs - Volume from Engine is being Increased by 1/3 Or More ..
Exhaust side Btu's Rise Sharply as Boost is Dialed Up - with that New Increase Speed & Volume comes a lot more Heat ./.

Intercooler takes care of Heat , but Increased Volume Add's Speed - that Leads to Super sonic Air Flow in Plumbing - Past Inter_cooler ( Hence the Hard Pipe Kit )
White Blue Light Product Azure

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Nice Numbers - Rob

I'm seeing where it really Drops Off around 5750 Rpm - When I Look at Wheels & Ratio's on the 600 it looks to be Pushing more IN then It is Able to Push Out ..( Release )

On Paper anyhow .. ? ( Heat ) Boost Over Running Waste Gate Faster then It is able to Leave ..

I Really Think it would Benefit from - " Ported Turbo Exit " & Larger Turbo Exit Pipe or Ported Stock Pipe ( Any Tweaking in those Area's ) would be Great ..
" Just Saying " Personally If it was My Build - I'd Be doing - slight Port Work - on " Waste Gate " Area Also ..

" Maybe this Winter " Or just Be Happy with 350 Hp Keep set up Reliable !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. When tuning we did discuss the possibility of a higher fuel pump output. Right now I am happy. I will pass in your findings to my guy at Two Step Performance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts