2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 1k to go to my next oil change per the sticker reminder. Dealersip won't even tell me if they have a "safe" waiting area. Anyone foregoing the dealership visit and going DIY? I think it's not even worth the risk and I might just go that route.

TIA

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
I had an oil service done 3/5 just before the pandemic hit and had some warranty work done on 5/13. I waited on my car for the oil service but "social distanced" myself, washed hands when I was ready to leave, used glass cleaner (w/ammonia) to wipe down surfaces I felt were touched. I also keep a bottle of hand sanitizer on my key chain that I use often. When I took car in for warranty work in May I dropped it off and followed the same procedure for cleaning as I did previously when I picked it up.

10 Posts
As a dealer employee, I can say most responsible dealers have put measures in place to mitigate the effects of C-19. Waiting areas are spaced and there aren't any drinking/food amenities like before the pandemic. Service advisors have protective screens put in place at their kiosks and must wear masks and gloves at all times. We don't take cash and recommend customers to wear masks and practice social distancing at all times.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the standard “A17” service-oil, filter, tire rotation along with their other 89 Item check list last week. I always wear mask and keep sanitizer available. Dealer Mask, gloves, waiting areas compliant. I also carry sanitizer in the car for hands and wiping surfaces. Not sure about the techs who did the work as they are out of sight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.