2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Motortrend just posted an article that pits these two brands against each other, to determine which offers the better luxury family sedan. Did not anticipate the Accord beating out and Audi, but that really demonstrates the kind of value Honda has packed in their latest model. The Accord won based upon more room in the cabin, a better infotainment system, more sport performance, better drive assist tech and most importantly a lower cost of ownership. Motortrend- A4 vs Accord

·
Registered
83 Posts
Never expect that the new 10th gen Accord can beat a Audi A4 Ultra... I mean electronically with all the techs. Accord (2.0T Touring that is) is the winner for better bang of the buck. Performance, I would go for Audi A4 no doubt. These Audi cars can go really fast with just a tune and they have AWD. Which is huge plus for 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 times. But the Audi A4 S-Line and up has the new all virtual cockpit which I fell in love with before I bought my Accord. I was near the point of saying: "Shut up and take my money!" to Audi. But patience is a virtue and I have to rethink my finances.

According to the article, this is a very basic Audi A4 trim. The S-Line trim will probably be 45k+. Probably reason why it's comparable price range. But the Audi A4 Prestige is whole different animal and price :).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah I mean I don't think it would be much of a competition in terms of performance, stacking up a top end A4 to the Accord. The Accord beat out the A4 just by a small margin, and I think a large part of that had to deal with what value you're getting for the money. All Honda has to do is bring down those leasing/financing rates.

·
Registered
13 Posts
But the Audi A4 S-Line and up has the new all virtual cockpit which I fell in love with before I bought my Accord. I was near the point of saying: "Shut up and take my money!" to Audi. But patience is a virtue and I have to rethink my finances.
I suppose half an Accord virtual cockpit is better than nothing but do wish that half offered more customization, at least digital mph.

It'll be interesting to see similar comparison tests between VW Arteon (w/virtual cockpit) and Accord as those two compete more closely in price/features. I wonder how much of Arteon's European active safety tech makes it to our shores.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All Honda has to do is bring down those leasing/financing rates.
Money factor on leases finally dropped to .00128 from .00220 until 4/30 but the FlexCash incentives seem to be gone so it's a wash. Financing rates have dropped also so purchasing is the better way to go for now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Never expect that the new 10th gen Accord can beat a Audi A4 Ultra... I mean electronically with all the techs. Accord (2.0T Touring that is) is the winner for better bang of the buck. Performance, I would go for Audi A4 no doubt. These Audi cars can go really fast with just a tune and they have AWD. Which is huge plus for 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 times. But the Audi A4 S-Line and up has the new all virtual cockpit which I fell in love with before I bought my Accord. I was near the point of saying: "Shut up and take my money!" to Audi. But patience is a virtue and I have to rethink my finances.

According to the article, this is a very basic Audi A4 trim. The S-Line trim will probably be 45k+. Probably reason why it's comparable price range. But the Audi A4 Prestige is whole different animal and price :).
The Audi used for the comparison is their price leader with only 180 hp and front drive drive only. Don’t know if that engine is tuneable. My Mk 7 GTI started at 220 hp, but now over 300, both hp and torque with the tune. There are several variations of this TSI engine from the 180 to 290 hp as delivered from the factory. Check with one of the tuning companies for tuning possibilities on the 180 engine. My GTI feels stronger than my 2.0 Sport but the reality is that 10 speed trans could well be the equalizer over the manual VW. The GTI is about 250# lighter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've always been of the mindset that luxury brands like Audi will always beat models from the more affordable brands like Honda even when you compare the price leader models, but that's really not the case anymore these days. How small the gap is getting and how much smaller yet will Honda make it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts