2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T - M.T.
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just wanted everyone on this forum who is interested in audio upgrades to know my experience involving an attempt to upgrade my audio system. All this happened in over 2 days (meaning I went 2 days in a row for the install).

I had bought a 5 channel amp, component speakers for both the front and back, and a subwoofer.

I went to get it installed and was told by the installer that the 2019 Honda Accord does not support a 5 channel amp. If the amp is installed, the head unit screen does not work. They told me that the radio was running on a different -something. I think they mentioned ohms. I saw that it was not working when I drove it home. The screen didn't work at all and pretty much nothing was working.

I was also told that components with the crossovers would not work. If the crossovers are not used, they work fine.

They also said that the ANC and Bluetooth are wired together on the 2019 <they are separate in the 2018> and if I was to disconnect the ANC then the Bluetooth would also stop working. So I am experiencing the subwoofer sound around 1800 - 2600 rpm.

As of right now I have 1 12-inch kicker compVR and a mono amp installed and more than likely I will be asking the company to uninstall it. I don't want to always have a window cracked open or sunroof open in Houston, TX weather.

I was expecting to have a great system to enjoy when driving to work but with the way that the 2019 accord is I think its impossible. If I had to choose between Bluetooth and a subwoofer I am def. choosing Bluetooth.

If anyone has any information regarding ANC disconnect please let me know.

I drive a 2019 Honda accord sport 2.0T with a manual transmission.

The installer has told me that ANC and Bluetooth are connected through the same wiring and If I disconnect ANC then Bluetooth would also not work.

If anyone is around the Houston area and knows any audio installers that can fix this problem without me having to lose Bluetooth connectivity please let me know.

Anyone that is thinking about a full audio system upgrade, remember that 5 channel amps will cause your screen to not work (installer also said that 4-channel amps wont work either).

I hope this helps anyone-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Something else must be wrong. I just installed an Alpine 5 channel amp and upgrades Alpine speakers and everything works great. I did have to unplug the ANC unit but Bluetooth calling, streaming and Android auto works fine. I have a 2019 accord 1.5 sport 6 spd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Something else must be wrong. I just installed an Alpine 5 channel amp and upgrades Alpine speakers and everything works great. I did have to unplug the ANC unit but Bluetooth calling, streaming and Android auto works fine. I have a 2019 accord 1.5 sport 6 spd
Mine works fine. I have 2 alpine ty8r, kicker amp for subs, power acoustic for the mids and highs, and a lci8 to convert everything. The dnc is also disconnected and all systems is a go
His installer does not know what he/she is doing and obviously needs more training.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T - M.T.
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am definitely going to look into this issue with another installer. Does anyone know any installers in the Houston area with proven experience?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My gutt tells me the installer isn't fully informed. Assuming positive intent...it is a newer car, so maybe they don't have much experince with this vehicle. Perhaps you could reach out to Crutchfield and find a list of their approved installers for your area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well for starters you have the 2.0 turbo. Does your car come stock with a sub woofer in the center of the rear deck? If so then your car has a factory amp located at the bottom of the center consul by the dash. So the wiring harness that people use will not be useful for you. However, this means you do not need to disable the ANC since you grab the signal coming out of the factory amp. It is just a little different then the non premium sound like the 1.5T. I would suggest you look at youtube find 5star car stereo channel. Then look at their accord videos they had some for both accord with factory amp an no factory amp. As for the installer I wont say he did not know what he was talking about but more then likely he was not familiar with the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts