2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2019 Sport 1.5T 6MT for about 2 weeks now, and I've noticed something interesting. When I'm starting from a full stop on a hill, the car seems to hold the brake for a few seconds after I release it, preventing the car from rolling backwards for a few seconds. Typically I start moving forward in that time, but if I don't - if I just release the brake but leave the car in neutral, it remains braked for a few seconds, then starts rolling backwards as expected.

No, I do NOT have "bake hold" enabled. Yes, I am familiar with that feature and if enabled, it holds the brakes at EVERY stop, and does so until you start moving forward, even it it takes several seconds. And has a dash indication saying the brakes are held.

This is similar, but not the same. It only seems to hold the brakes for a few seconds, there's no dashboard indication that anything is being held, and, like I said, the "brake hold" is not enabled.

Anyone else notice this or know any more information? Makes it feel like cheating a bit when starting on a hill! ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
What you are experiencing is the Hill Start Assist feature? On hills, it keeps the car from rolling backward or forward once you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal.

It's described on page 472 of the Owner's Manual and is a feature on all transmissions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you are experiencing is the Hill Start Assist feature? On hills, it keeps the car from rolling backward or forward once you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal.

It's described on page 472 of the Owner's Manual and is a feature on all transmissions.
Yes, that sounds like it exactly. Wow, I had no idea that feature even existed - I read the Owner's Guide that comes with the car, but it isn't mentioned at all in there, just the reference you posted from the full Owner's Manual.

Thanks a lot! The first couple times it happened I thought I was imagining it! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts