2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading an article on Jalopnik about people's automotive pet peeves and thought it would be interesting to start our own here because driving can be enraging sometimes.

My personal one is when people don't signal before changing lanes or turning. I don't read minds and if you don't signal I'm liable to either hit you or accidentally brake check whoever is behind me! Sometimes makes me wish I was a cop so I can dish out traffic tickets.

·
Registered
318 Posts
People driving at nighttime with no lights on whatsoever! Automakers should really just make lighting automatic, without allowing drivers to turn them off at all. I have no idea how people don't notice that they cant see anything aha.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The left lane is for passing and not for cars to go at speed limit or less on the freeways. I'm sure your car has enough power to pass, even the new Accord has enough power to pass other cars and a new BMW can't? Slow cars need to stay on the right unless necessary.

·
Registered
161 Posts
People driving at nighttime with no lights on whatsoever! Automakers should really just make lighting automatic, without allowing drivers to turn them off at all. I have no idea how people don't notice that they cant see anything aha.
Aren’t just about all cars equipped with automatic headlights already? My last three cars were, 2 Accords and a VW. They can be turned off, but I can’t imagine why anyone would want to do that. A great addition on my 2018 Accord is automatic high beams. Missed that one when doing my car shopping. Haven’t seen that feature since the GM option in the 50’s. My VW has cornering lights that function below 25 mph and when the turn signals are used. Both of those features operate flawlessly.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Haaa, I have to Laugh , I would be also handing out Traffic Tickets to all the Big Rigs that are going 1/4 Mph Faster then Double Fed-ex of UPS Drivers and it takes 7 Miles for the Guy to Pass . .
That's Impeding - Traffic Flow - $200.oo ON the Hood . . LOL

How about the - Just Woke Up , and Phone is calling Me or I forgot to message Kids about Lunch money Located by the Front Door , so At Busy Morning Stop Sign
She Must Complete all Her Morning Thoughts - before - Going any farther - read 15 Cars Idling , waiting to Clear the Gate .. Impeding Traffic Flow - $250. on the Hood Now !

No Lights on Wet Gray road Driving a Gray Truck - or - Darker colored Vehicle - Smaller Mid Gray Cars on Curve - No Lights - is really asking for an Accident to Happen ..

I'm already Missing those - Turning Lights from The Fogs that Kick on to Light the Way on Dark Drives at Night and be able see Persons on small roads or in strange cities with Poor Lighting ..

I going to be Testing the Fog Lights out soon seems Honda could have wired that into the Fog Lights with the Camera or Turn Signal ..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Slow left lane drivers and texting while driving (or simply distracted driving) are my biggest peeves. If I owned a "monster" truck, there would be many flattened vehicles on the roads in my area.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Drivers that don't move with the flow of traffic and don't get out of your blind spots. Those are the drivers that cause accidents.
Sadly most of what drivers should know, aren't taught when getting their license and can't be bothered to find out themselves.

Can't wait for driverless cars :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
1: Left lane campers. Especially now that I've seen many of them complaining about people wanting them to go faster. I've seen some claim that the reason they lane block is to stop people from speeding which is especially infuriating. Statistics show that it's safer to drive faster than to drive slower than traffic, and I'm pretty sure most people who speed are doing so BECAUSE of those people because we're sick of them! Not to mention, you are supposed to speed up to pass people, so you don't block the lane. And any time you try to control someone else's behavior on the road, it has the opposite effect you intend, and cause way more problems. Left lane campers=bad traffic flow=traffic=more accidents. Simple.

2: Not merging on the on-ramp. I've avoided so many accidents almost caused by people who are scared of their gas pedal. If my parents old van with 100 HP can get up to speed in time, so can your car. One guy came to a complete stop and I had to swerve last minute into the shoulder lane to avoid him! Merging too slow=more people braking=traffic=more accidents.

3: Tailgating. Sometimes I feel these people when they're stuck behind a left lane camper, but there's still no good reason to do it. However I have NO sympathy for the ones who tailgate when there's plenty of room to pass. It's like they want to make a statement or something. Tailgating=harder braking=traffic=more accidents.

In general I've noticed that faster drivers typically have faster reaction times because they tend to be more aware of what's going on around them. I find myself constantly checking my mirrors and keeping tabs of what the cars around me are doing and what position they are in. Every single accident I've avoided has been because of a slow driver not paying attention.

I feel like driving courses are way to lenient on driving skill as it is. They should focus more on techniques for avoiding traffic and accidents and improving traffic flow, such as GETTING OUT OF THE LEFT LANE and so on. Take the Germany with the Autobahn as an example. Speed is not the problem, bad driving is. Cars are meant to be fast.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Folks that do not drive the speed limit, folks that pull out in front of you like they are in an extreme hurry, but in fact polk along and folks that text and drive. If texting is that important, upgrade the auto that offers Apple Car Play and Android voice texting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts