2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,. I have 2019 Accord 2.0T 6spd.
Unfortunately my car was damaged by ice falling from my house roof. Thank god, insurance covered the repairs. Back window, trunk lid, back deck panel, and repairs to the back driver side pillar.
For repairs i took the car to Honda dealership. After a few weeks, I got the car back, and the repairs seemed fine. A week after I washed the car in touchless car wash and noticed some water in the trunk, and some on the inside of the window but the back deck. Took the car back to dealership and the body shop that they have on site said that I took the car thru the car wash too soon, as the seal hasn't cured yet. I was told to wait for a week, wash again and if leaks, to bring back. So I did, and the car went back....
After a few days, I got the car back again... This time it was a strong smell of sealant in the car..... And I was assured that it was fixed... And yet again I was told to wait for a week and than wash the car, and if it leaks, to bring it back.
Well with my luck, it leaked, so the car went back to the dealership body shop for the 3rd time. Two days after I was told that the car is ready.... The body shop told me that they had to replace the lower seal, as it apparently was bent during install and that's why it leaked. I was also told that they used this window company all the time, and that it is first time that they had an issue. The funny part is they are not even sure that it was actually fixed this time as well, and I was told to wait for a week and try it.

I am tired of taking my car back and forth and want to figure out what is causing all of this. I have a feeling that it could be because of poor body work, and that some small part is still bent, but body shop assures me otherwise.

The leak always happens in the same spot all the time

What do you guys think could be the reason, since they can't fix it 3 times.....

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do you have any pictures with the trunk open?

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
If there wasn't any body damage around the window then it should have been a simple repair... as long as the seals/glass were installed properly and neither were defective it should be a non-issue. Wife has had several windshields replaced by Safelite (wife also uses a touchless car wash several times a week) and I have had a windshield repaired by them w/o any issues on any of those occasions. If this recent fix/repair doesn't take care of the issue I would ask that glass and all gaskets be replaced... IMO there is a defect in one or both of them. Also if your insurance company was involved w/this repair I'd contact them of your issues as they may be able to assist you to get this corrected.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My initial thought/question is are they using genuine Honda OEM parts, especially the rear windshield? If not, then insist on OEM parts. This can be verified by the stamping on the rear windshield glass. It should have the Honda logo on the lower left corner and be exactly the same as another 10th Gen Accord.

The OEM Part # is 73211 TVA-A01, although mine just shows TVA-A0 under a bar code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My initial thought/question is are they using genuine Honda OEM parts, especially the rear windshield? If not, then insist on OEM parts. This can be verified by the stamping on the rear windshield glass. It should have the Honda logo on the lower left corner and be exactly the same as another 10th Gen Accord.

The OEM Part # is 73211 TVA-A01, although mine just shows TVA-A0 under a bar code.
The glass they installed was OEM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts