2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Doesn’t look right to me. Maybe plastidip the badge red?

When I looked at the second picture it looked like it just said port.

-Don’t let my input be your decision factor. If you like it then that’s what matters.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The second picture I put two pictures together and tried to edit it. It didn’t turn out very well. The first picture I did the same thing but still not really what I wanted. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes I see what you are talking about. Keep me posted on what your decision is. I want to do some exterior mods as well but right now all I'm thinking about is how low quality the audio system is. I won't do any mods until I get that replaced.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I know what you mean about the stereo sound! When I first got my car I was looking into a system upgrade hardcore,but I had to control myself ??. In my other car I have a 800 watt amp and 2 12’s and I wanted just a little more for my new one.
So ultimately what I’m going for is the S for Sport I want red. I painted the rest of the letters black chrome. Here’s a picture of what I currently have but the S is a little too big in my opinion so I have a different one on the way that is just a hair bigger than the original. I will see how it looks when I get it but since I put a Type-S emblem on the grill I was thinking about the other option as well. I know that the Type-S stands for speed but in my case it’s standing for Sport. Man it seems like I’m rambling on ?. After my windows get done from being tinted today I plan on installing the new LED taillights I just got and the different grill and trunk badges as well. Can’t wait!
So what mods where you thinking about?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I’ve been playing around with a different badge idea for my sport. Good? Bad? Tell me what you think.
Less is always best here. Just take them off. This looks cheesy and cheap sorry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are you able to use photoshop to see if the 'port' will look better in the middle? Did I suggest that clearly? Put 'port' in the middle space following the 'S'?

The mods I'm thinking about are the front spoiler, side skirts, and the diffuser in the back. I really like the 'duck bill' spoiler but I decided not to pursue that mod. The spoiler that came with the car would have to be taken off and there would be holes left on the trunk that require covering. I'm not experienced enough to deal with all that.

One of the definite things I am getting is some type of intake.
Also I'm going to purchase a dashmat. I'm in Houston, TX. That's enough said.

If it's ok with you, I'd like to message you about some audio questions. I'm planning on either getting a subwoofer under the seat, or fully building a system. Let me know if you are open to hearing out my ideas and let me know what you are planning as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you able to use photoshop to see if the 'port' will look better in the middle? Did I suggest that clearly? Put 'port' in the middle space following the 'S'?

The mods I'm thinking about are the front spoiler, side skirts, and the diffuser in the back. I really like the 'duck bill' spoiler but I decided not to pursue that mod. The spoiler that came with the car would have to be taken off and there would be holes left on the trunk that require covering. I'm not experienced enough to deal with all that.

One of the definite things I am getting is some type of intake.
Also I'm going to purchase a dashmat. I'm in Houston, TX. That's enough said.

If it's ok with you, I'd like to message you about some audio questions. I'm planning on either getting a subwoofer under the seat, or fully building a system. Let me know if you are open to hearing out my ideas and let me know what you are planning as well.
Let’s hear those ideas ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks,

My ideas will be revolving around the Kicker brand.

Component Speakers in the front, Coaxs in the back, and 1 subwoofer (8, 10, or 12 -depends on fitment) in the trunk.

I don't plan on replacing the front -center speaker.

For the amplifier (this is where I need advice): I plan on either using two 4-channel amps or one 5-channel amp. I have doubts regarding the component speakers. I don't know if I can hook up the components to 2 channels or if I have to hook them up individually (meaning tweeters and mid-bass woofers) to use up 4 channels. There is a small box that comes with the kicker speakers. If that can control which speaker the sound is coming from, then do I need 2 4-channel amps or can I just use a 5 channel amp that will power everything?

I also need some information or someone's experience regarding placing amp(s) under the front seats. Is this possible and logical on the accord?

Speakers
Amp(s)
Subwoofer (1 of them)

So let me know if anybody reading this is able to answer the questions regarding the speaker inputs and if I need 2 amps or if I can just use 1 and if it fits under the seat(s). Also, if the amp has enough power for the sub.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts