2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had dual front and rear cameras hard wired into my 2018 Honda Accord last year (always on fuse). The car battery started going dead while sitting in my driveway last January. I live in upstate NY with very cold winters. The dealer replaced the battery saying it was defective. They did not say a word about the cameras. This winter again the car went dead. I had the battery checked and was told it was fine. The day after my car warranty expired it was totally dead again. I spoke to a mechanic who is convinced my camera is the issue. I have been disconnecting it when I get out of the car. Anyone else have the same issue or problems with the original battery. I have only 22K miles. TIA.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I had dual front and rear cameras hard wired into my 2018 Honda Accord last year (always on fuse). The car battery started going dead while sitting in my driveway last January. I live in upstate NY with very cold winters. The dealer replaced the battery saying it was defective. They did not say a word about the cameras. This winter again the car went dead. I had the battery checked and was told it was fine. The day after my car warranty expired it was totally dead again. I spoke to a mechanic who is convinced my camera is the issue. I have been disconnecting it when I get out of the car. Anyone else have the same issue or problems with the original battery. I have only 22K miles. TIA.
I have the same setup (mine is a Thinkware F800) installed in my 2018 Accord Touring and it has been working fine for over three years. Only once did it drain my battery and that was after almost three months of sitting undriven while I was in Florida and after forgetting to disconnect it before leaving. As you may already know, most are wired so they run off the battery when the car is parked and then turn on to record as an event (movement nearby the vehicle) is picked up. Although I still can't see why it would drain your battery so drastically, is your vehicle parked where there might be a lot of motions going on (like constant traffic)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.