2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I tried to search for this, but I'm only getting blank white pages after submitting the search... :plain:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which path to take to get a couple of cables each to the engine compartment and the trunk area. Cables are roughly 1/4" in diameter or less.

I'm not asking this in an inexperienced, never ran cables manner. I'm simply asking if anyone has found the most direct path at the firewall and the equivalent back area. Retaining seals and water resistance is highly desired.

I'm getting ready to run these cables in the next couple of weeks and it never hurts to ask other people for ideas. The cables can run on the driver's side or passenger's side if that is easier. Cable length is most likely not an issue, I expect to have plenty to work with.

Thank you! :smile:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I went through a blank grommet that exists above the hood release cable. That grommet is behind the left front wheelwell cover. Works great!

I then ran the cable along side the hood release cable up to the hood latch area. Looks factory. ALP or TMG by chance?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just an entire audio upgrade my accord....I ran my power through the grommet right above the brake pedal. Took about 30 minutes to get it to go through and still keep the seal, but none the less it worked out. Sucks that no one has made a reliable head unit to upgrade that as well...I'm hoping Alpine comes up with something soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts