2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at spending a few dollars and am planning on doing intake and exhaust plus a stage 1 tune from Hondata or another performance chip type upgrade.
Have the 2.0T 10AT.

I don't think I can legally do a downpipes due to emissions tests here in PA.
Any other suggestions on the best way I can spend $2,500 for performance?

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
520 Posts

Prl is in Pa and they make stuff for accords too, thought it might be worth a trip if you were close...

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
520 Posts
If you're talking about the downpipes, I asked about that - the guy I spoke with said that the downpipe with the cat is Not guaranteed to pass smog. IIRC, the catted version is more expensive and offers slightly less performance gains than the catless - so I ended up getting the catless. I've noticed with the catless that there is a pronounced/substantial increase in fuel type odor (which I can smell around the back of the car when idling in the driveway and sometimes from inside the car with the windows down at a stop light if the breeze is blowing back to front) than from the stock exhaust system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be a game changer if the version with the cat does not pass PA emissions tests...why even offer that option then?
Personally waiting for them to offer the 3 inch exhaust so they can do my intake, downpipes, front pipe and exhaust with a tune/ECU Chip.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
520 Posts
I dunno - maybe it might pass but they just can't say it Will pass?

Don't know anything about this company but they are saying 3" midpipe…..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would purchase a 2.5 from a company that has built a name for themselves; before I went with a 3.0 from a less known manufacture.

You have been very helpful in my quest to do this right from the start.
Only have 11k miles on my car and plan to have her until 200k+, so no huge rush!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking at spending a few dollars and am planning on doing intake and exhaust plus a stage 1 tune from Hondata or another performance chip type upgrade.
Have the 2.0T 10AT.

I don't think I can legally do a downpipes due to emissions tests here in PA.
Any other suggestions on the best way I can spend $2,500 for performance?

If you want something loud go with borla and catless down pipe it makes a weird ricer sound went it hits 4k but above 4500 its music to my hears 100MPH+ sound is amazing ive seen guys with the cat version and it seems to not have that sound but if u dont care who cares your neighbors will probably hate you when u cold start hahah one thing I will tell ya there is lots of top end with that set up so much I had to change tires I would brake them loose everytime I went full throttle I went with pilot sport 4s and let me tell you amazing !!!!!

·
Registered
2018 2.0T Touring
20 Posts

Any idea how many have ordered?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you're talking about the downpipes, I asked about that - the guy I spoke with said that the downpipe with the cat is Not guaranteed to pass smog. IIRC, the catted version is more expensive and offers slightly less performance gains than the catless - so I ended up getting the catless. I've noticed with the catless that there is a pronounced/substantial increase in fuel type odor (which I can smell around the back of the car when idling in the driveway and sometimes from inside the car with the windows down at a stop light if the breeze is blowing back to front) than from the stock exhaust system.
Hello. I have the catted version for a 1.5 and have no check engine light nor gas smell at all.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord Ex-L 1.5
4 Posts

Tempting hmm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.