2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Will be forward to results & feedback. I've read/heard it stated that the catless downpipes have resulted in "odor(s)" in the cabin of the car let us know if that is your experience.

Haven't looked into upgrading the turbo (other than seeing what companies offer them) but was interested in the difference between the Axiom Turbo, OEM Type R turbo, or the new turbo offered by PRL (P600)? One last question will you be doing the install yourself and returning to IMW for retune?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be forward to results & feedback. I've read/heard it stated that the catless downpipes have resulted in "odor(s)" in the cabin of the car let us know if that is your experience.

Haven't looked into upgrading the turbo (other than seeing what companies offer them) but was interested in the difference between the Axiom Turbo, OEM Type R turbo, or the new turbo offered by PRL (P600)? One last question will you be doing the install yourself and returning to IMW for retune?
RZG Motorsports in New Bern, NC, is doing the install, and IMW is scheduled for the retune. Actually, Derek just sent me yhe calibration file this afternoon. This revision will allow for the new turbo kit, HVI, and the addition of 4 bar map sensors. Should be fun to drive.

Also, concerning the smell with the non catted dp. Will definitely give feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts

Anytime your run a catless dp you will def smell it in the cabin sometimes. The wind will shift or something and you get that whiff of it. Sometimes sitting at a light and the wind going the right way, will make you put your windows up if your sitting there too long. Its the trade off.
EFR turbos are very nice. VW community starting using them when they came out years ago in place of Garret GT30 series ect for the big turbo kits. Interested in seeing how the dual ball bearing spool and how low in the rpm range it will make power compared to the PRL turbo especially.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
EFR turbos are very nice. VW community starting using them when they came out years ago in place of Garret GT30 series ect for the big turbo kits. Interested in seeing how the dual ball bearing spool and how low in the rpm range it will make power compared to the PRL turbo especially.
EFR turbo you speak of is that the Axiom Turbo?

·
Registered
953 Posts
EFR turbo you speak of is that the Axiom Turbo?
According to op yes the kit uses an EFR7163 which is Borg Warner performance series of turbos. A LOT of 2.0l engines use these as bt upgrades, VW, Ford, think I also saw someone using them on Mercedes kits as well. It's a great turbo with some trick features. The time to full power is amazing for the size of the compressor wheel. Believe they were able to drop the spool time on these turbos by like 700rpm, which is significant. Way better tech than the standard Garrett GT turbos, and imo better than their comparable GTX line.

Edit: I'm curious to see the dyno tune on this turbo and see the power curve. I know the CTR has upgraded valves and head and connecting rods. I'm curious to see how much torque the stock rods can handle and if the tuner limits torque down low for longevity or if the goal is to find the limits.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
According to op yes the kit uses an EFR7163 which is Borg Warner performance series of turbos. A LOT of 2.0l engines use these as bt upgrades, VW, Ford, think I also saw someone using them on Mercedes kits as well. It's a great turbo with some trick features. The time to full power is amazing for the size of the compressor wheel. Believe they were able to drop the spool time on these turbos by like 700rpm, which is significant. Way better tech than the standard Garrett GT turbos, and imo better than their comparable GTX line.

Edit: I'm curious to see the dyno tune on this turbo and see the power curve. I know the CTR has upgraded valves and head and connecting rods. I'm curious to see how much torque the stock rods can handle and if the tuner limits torque down low for longevity or if the goal is to find the limits.
Borgwarner
Gotcha.... thanks. (y)

·
Registered
40 Posts

Believe it or not, the K20C4 (Accord 2.0T) and K20C1 (Civic Type R) both actually have the same exact connecting rods. I just found this out a couple weeks ago, haven’t heard of this elsewhere.

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

·
Registered
953 Posts
Believe it or not, the K20C4 (Accord 2.0T) and K20C1 (Civic Type R) both actually have the same exact connecting rods. I just found this out a couple weeks ago, haven’t heard of this elsewhere.

View attachment 5610
Interesting could have sworn when i read about the engine years ago that they changed the valves and con rods. Guess its just a sport head, along with the bigger turbo of course. They didnt even upgrade the ic interestingly enough. Should be fun seeing the stock limits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To be clear though the c1 and C4 are completely different engines even though there are a few internals the same.

View attachment 5610

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts