2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Sport 2.0T and since I live in Chicago, pot hole city, I was wondering if I could put 45 profile tires on my car without any problems. I currently have 235 / 40 - 19 on my Accord. I would love to try 245 /45 - 19...is this possible ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took some screen shots from tiresize.com below. It looks like a 245/45/19 would be too tall and too much of a difference in overall diameter vs. stock diameter. A 245/40/19 would be better to stay as close to stock overall diameter as possible while still providing some extra meat in the tires in terms of the width and an additional 0.2" inches for the sidewall.

Keep in mind that too much of a difference in the stock overall diameter of the tire will affect your speedometer reading and essentially how fast/slow your car will rack up miles over time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took some screen shots from tiresize.com below. It looks like a 245/45/19 would be too tall and too much of a difference in overall diameter vs. stock diameter. A 245/40/19 would be better to stay as close to stock overall diameter as possible while still providing some extra meat in the tires in terms of the width and an additional 0.2" inches for the sidewall.

Keep in mind that too much of a difference in the stock overall diameter of the tire will affect your speedometer reading and essentially how fast/slow your car will rack up miles over time.

View attachment 3787

View attachment 3788

View attachment 3787

View attachment 3788
Thank you for the information, I really don't want to mess with the wheel size, but it looks like I would have to go from 19's to 18's in order to put on a set of 245 / 45 - 18

·
Registered
904 Posts
Forget Running 19's Yr. Round up North , I wouldn't even run those in TN in Cold Winter , Cold Rain , some Slush
I be on 225's Max ( Anyhow ) Pretty I've seen 17" or 18" Steel Rims - may have even been Spare Tire Steel , but It's the Tires that Matter !
225/45/18" gives 26" over all Dia. , 225's Cut through the Slush and Snow much better -- Only get Traction If Your Tires are on the Road !
235's & 245's You will be riding on Top Slush or Snow 50% more Offend which means You'll be into the Guard Rail 100% unless You drive like Grand Ma . . .
even 215/50/17's will Out Handle all the Others in Snow : Link to 35% Better Tires for Your Weather : https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...autoModClar=EX-L&partnum=245VR8PCLS&tab=Specs

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 245 45 19 fit perfectly on my 2018 accord sport. Zero figment issues
I have a 2018 Sport 2.0T and since I live in Chicago, pot hole city, I was wondering if I could put 45 profile tires on my car without any problems. I currently have 235 / 40 - 19 on my Accord. I would love to try 245 /45 - 19...is this possible ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hear ya Willie– My 2018 2.0 Sport 6 spd is on the North side, and swerving around Chicago potholes is a full-time sport around here! I drive to MI frequently, and have yet to have any foul weather problems– even on seldom plowed roads! Luckily, that bigger engine puts some serious weight over the drive wheels...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts