2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting ready to buy my accord within the next couple of weeks and I am really torn between the black and stock rims. I don’t love the stock rims, but not sure if the black tires are worth another 2k and wanted to get some opinions. Anyone have feedback for me?

·
Registered
318 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum. And unless you love the upgraded wheels, for that kind of money you might as well look at some aftermarket options. You could also plasti dip the stock rims in the interim until you find something to your liking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all, welcome to the forum. And unless you love the upgraded wheels, for that kind of money you might as well look at some aftermarket options. You could also plasti dip the stock rims in the interim until you find something to your liking.
Thanks, Scotty! Glad to be here. I do like the upgraded wheels, but I don't know if they are worth the extra 2K. And I don't think I can get the Sport tires on the touring model?

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you're just after the black look and fine with the stock design, there are options to just paint them cheaply with those can spray paints or plasti dip. Then you can save that money and buy a nice set of sport tires if necessary. This is what I'd do cause I'm cheap. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Plasti Dip will be the easiest and cheapest method. Lots of youtube videos out there on how to go about it. Just make sure you finish it with a clear coat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've heard that adding the clear coat can make the removal process a lot more difficult, which I guess could be good or bad depending on what you're looking for. Have you looked any aftermarket options, because I would imagine that you could find a pretty nice set for less than $2k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is my girl Stormi....Yes I named her after storm troopers lol....I ended up buying the car that was sent to the General Manager, it has every option and the bomb black Honda wheels.....I love the black on white look :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
Here is my girl Stormi....Yes I named her after storm troopers lol....I ended up buying the car that was sent to the General Manager, it has every option and the bomb black Honda wheels.....I love the black on white look :)
Sweeeeeeet!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m getting ready to buy my accord within the next couple of weeks and I am really torn between the black and stock rims. I don’t love the stock rims, but not sure if the black tires are worth another 2k and wanted to get some opinions. Anyone have feedback for me?
Depends on if you are getting a sport model or not. I'd say if you want the black rims, go with another car color like silver, black or gray...they obviously will make the car look very sporty. If you are for sure going with white, I would do the stock rims (black and silver). Hope this helps!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry to say but a black wheel is called the spare. So if you like the look of riding on 4 spares then go ahead. Sorry JMHO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there....last June I bought my girl here...her name is Stormi...lol it's a girl thing!! Anyway this was the general managers demo vehicle it is fully loaded with the Honda black wheels....I couldn't be more in love with her, she's a 2.0T Touring....I had to have the ventilated seats living here in the desert!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts