2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone add a boost gauge to a 2.0T sport manual yet? Im starting to plan on where I want to put one and 3d print/make one to add.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Doesn't the stock instrument screen have one on the far right?

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
Doesn't the stock instrument screen have one on the far right?
Not familiar w/the manual transmission models but do they have a "Sport" mode button? If they don't then the boost gauge you speak of may not be available.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not familiar w/the manual transmission models but do they have a "Sport" mode button? If they don't then the boost gauge you speak of may not be available.
The 2020 Sport 6-speed I test drove had it like the Turbo Meter picture. It didn't have a Sport button, but it did have an Eco one.

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
The 2020 Sport 6-speed I test drove had it like the Turbo Meter picture. It didn't have a Sport button, but it did have an Eco one.
Thanks for the info. (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am hoping that more aftermarket companies start making parts for my 2019 Accord. I have had a 1990 Mustang 5.0 for 29+ years so I am used to having lots of options available. In '06 I installed a Kenne Bell supercharger and boost and fuel pressure gauges in this custom A-pillar pod. Maybe Autometer or someone else will make this for the Accord so that we can add a real boost gauge. Autometer currently only has pods for 1994-2002 Accords. I don't use sport mode often and even then, boost is shown in 'bar'. I know what 1 bar is but PSI makes more sense to me.
pod.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
The boost gauge only applies to automatics with the sport button feature. Manual transmissions only have eco since the manual only comes in the sport model. You would think they would have the boost meter available on the manual more so than the automatic but nope 👎🏽

·
Registered
15 Posts
The boost gauge only applies to automatics with the sport button feature. Manual transmissions only have eco since the manual only comes in the sport model. You would think they would have the boost meter available on the manual more so than the automatic but nope 👎🏽
Thanks. Got my test drives mixed up. I knew I saw it somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am hoping that more aftermarket companies start making parts for my 2019 Accord. I have had a 1990 Mustang 5.0 for 29+ years so I am used to having lots of options available. In '06 I installed a Kenne Bell supercharger and boost and fuel pressure gauges in this custom A-pillar pod. Maybe Autometer or someone else will make this for the Accord so that we can add a real boost gauge. Autometer currently only has pods for 1994-2002 Accords. I don't use sport mode often and even then, boost is shown in 'bar'. I know what 1 bar is but PSI makes more sense to me.
View attachment 3877
I don't think these A-pillar gauge pods are too common anymore because most, if not all, cars nowadays have side curtain airbags which deploy from the A-pillar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My brother in law had this autometer phantom mechanical boost gauge sitting around, so I installed directly in the middle of the steering column cover. Ran the vacuum hose into and under that cover, through the firewall to T at the intake manifold, spliced into the lighting for a switch to power the gauge's backlight. Ill get a better picture of it later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think these A-pillar gauge pods are too common anymore because most, if not all, cars nowadays have side curtain airbags which deploy from the A-pillar.
Good point. I wasn't thinking about all of the airbags. This is my first daily driver with a turbo. My 1990 Mustang only has one airbag in the car and it is in the steering wheel. (1990 was the first year that Mustangs got an airbag.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The boost gauge only applies to automatics with the sport button feature. Manual transmissions only have eco since the manual only comes in the sport model...
I was genuinely disappointed when it dawned on me that I didn't have the boost gauge or the red lights surrounding the display. :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts