1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Interesting sound...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting. I had a Borla on my 03 V6 6spd and it was the best sounding exhaust for the J series I had ever heard.

Will be curious to see the pricepoint on this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Borla Cat Back at JEGS

I ordered mine through JEGS on 5/10. They have a pretty good price with no shipping fee. I also got a May discount of some sort for $75 which may not be available any more. I did a search on their site by the Borla part number. They say the ship date will be 5/30 - that Borla does a production run after a number of orders are in. There's very little info on the page at jegs.com/i/Borla/157/140786/10002/-1 so I called and spoke to someone there to confirm it's the right exhaust. I've checked in a couple times for a shipping update...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered mine through JEGS on 5/10. They have a pretty good price with no shipping fee. I also got a May discount of some sort for $75 which may not be available any more. I did a search on their site by the Borla part number. They say the ship date will be 5/30 - that Borla does a production run after a number of orders are in. There's very little info on the page at jegs.com/i/Borla/157/140786/10002/-1 so I called and spoke to someone there to confirm it's the right exhaust. I've checked in a couple times for a shipping update...
Update... Shipped and scheduled to arrive 5/29 :)

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Update... Shipped and scheduled to arrive 5/29 :)
Awesome... if this will be a DIY project please provide us details of the install with pictures and video of before/after if you can. TIA.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
That's got a pretty good sound to it, deeper and not the can full of wasps some people have. Good luck with your project. Post some photos when you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered my borla exhaust on jeggs website. Totally worth it. They offered free shipping and I ordered it when they had a $100 off discount code so that made it even better. Super easy to install using the instructions. Sounds amazing. Not too loud just right. Perfect sound for a 6spd. I love how it cracks going from gear to gear.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Ordered my borla exhaust on jeggs website. Totally worth it. They offered free shipping and I ordered it when they had a $100 off discount code so that made it even better. Super easy to install using the instructions. Sounds amazing. Not too loud just right. Perfect sound for a 6spd. I love how it cracks going from gear to gear.
Can you post pictures/video of it? Would like to see and hear how it's for end users not a manufacturers advertisement/commercial.

Reactions: azrael69

·
Registered
7 Posts
As someone who's a lot closer to 40 than he is to 25, I have to constantly remind myself that it'd be a really silly waste of money to put an exhaust on my Accord...

But, as a lifelong Borla fan, it's hard not to admit that this exhaust does sound good... (at least so far as I can tell from that YT video).

Reactions: 2veloce

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sounds OK, sure to get Ticket , Haa , almost got one on the 4th Trying to get to Parking Area for the 4th Fireworks 57 mph in 40 zone - He Hit his Lights as He was Headed the Other way
Just Blipped them on and Off , so I did a long slowing Brake so He'd see I was slowing on the Hill going into Town ..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought the exhaust and got it installed. It does sound good l, especially during start up. Regarding the comment about the age, funny. A Mustang, charger etc guy, who typically is older tend to have extremely loud exhausts but no one even glances. Yet, you question yourself because you drive an accord.

Anyway, there is a slight drone so be prepared. While it does sound good, it still doesnt have the deep deep sound. The fit and finish are amazing. Those big shiny mufflers make the rear look good.

Reactions: PlasmaGel

·
Registered
16 Posts
After running the new system for about a month I called Borla to see what my options were to knock down the volume a bit. I wasn't completely happy with the volume when under partial / significant throttle and passing through the 3,000+ rpm range. As recommended I added a Borla resonator to reduce the sound a few decibels. I'm pretty pleased with the final result.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After running the new system for about a month I called Borla to see what my options were to knock down the volume a bit. I wasn't completely happy with the volume when under partial / significant throttle and passing through the 3,000+ rpm range. As recommended I added a Borla resonator to reduce the sound a few decibels. I'm pretty pleased with the final result.

You should post some sound clips, I'm looking to get the Borla exhaust in the near future, wouldn't mind hearing what adding a resonator would do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should post some sound clips, I'm looking to get the Borla exhaust in the near future, wouldn't mind hearing what adding a resonator would do.
I ordered from JEGS also. Got like $150 off with free shipping. I had my local dealer install it for me. Cost me $250 but I know it was done right on my 2019 Accord Touring 2.0.
I love the startup and most of the tones I’m hearing but more than 3k RPMs it gets a little loud in the car for family travel. I previously turned off the Honda auto noise canceling, might turn it back on to see how that works.
I’ll give it a few weeks, if it doesn’t quiet down some, I’ll get a resonator added.
I did notice more power and my speed has increased from my normal 75 to 85 now. The car just wants to go.
I also noticed when driving in ECO mode, it’s much quieter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts