2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guy or gals have tried brake boosting, I’ve tried it it feels like the throttle just cuts out. Idk if I’m doing it wrong or what. Any tips ?

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
Haven't tried it so can't say if what you are experiencing is normal. It might be something set up in the ECM to recognize brake being held and accelerator being depressed together. You may want to check with the aftermarket tuners (Hondata/KTuner) to see if it's something they are aware of and if their tuner can disable it if in fact it is being controlled by the ECM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How many of you guy or gals have tried brake boosting, I’ve tried it it feels like the throttle just cuts out. Idk if I’m doing it wrong or what. Any tips ?
Not sure if your question was answered, but it is a factory lockout feature that disables you from hitting the gas and brake at the same time. It's more for older folk that may accidentally press them at the same time and potentially run into a building. I have Ktuner on my car and I can confirm that Ktuner disables this feature so I can now brake boost

·
Registered
163 Posts
I brake boost every race (track/ street) 3000 rpm with KTuner and custom tune. Please see my YT channel FBROCK1, for demo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts