2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, hopefully this reaches someone who know about the braking system. I recently bought a 2019 2.0t MT which I love. I am having an issue with the brakes where there is a dead zone right at the start of travel when depressing the pedal. This results in a jerking of the car when you try to feather the initial application of the brakes, almost as if it goes from 0 - 10% immediately instead of graduating up to 10%. Now the brakes work great past that point, just not that dead zone. This is also an issue at high speeds because there is a surge of brake applied due to the dead zone. I would say the pedal travels about an inch or so before they grab. I've had the dealership look into this and they've dismissed it as nothing is wrong. This car has only 8000 kms on it and as far as I can tell still has an issue.

I have driven many 2019 models, civic and accord and all trims available prior to buying this MT, so it's not like I've only driven one type. Also I have owned a 2003 civic, 2006 civic and my wife has also had multiple civics as well. I'm well versed in the Honda's and never had I experienced anything like this to date.

So does anyone have this issue or have they encountered it? I read on another forum someone had an LX but that thread got hyjacked and got me nowhere.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
I did notice when I first got my car that IMO the braking was different from what I experienced in my other vehicles however over time I either adjusted or got used to it and now it's a non issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did notice when I first got my car that IMO the braking was different from what I experienced in my other vehicles however over time I either adjusted or got used to it and now it's a non issue.
I agree they are different and naturally touchy, much similar to the touring, and LX models. Similarly to the civic si, LX, touring etc...but still very different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts