2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if anyone has had the issues described in this dealer message from Honda: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10177331-0001.pdf

My wife had an issue with the car today and upon scanning, I am getting all three codes described in the message:

C0023-12 (Brake Diag Circuit ON Failure)
U0416-68 (VSA System Malfunction)
C0040-62 (Brake Lamp Switch Failure [Stuck])

I will be scheduling a dealer visit ASAP, just curious if anyone else has gone through the same issue. Though I found this document, I do not see a posted TSB recall.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Sounds like this is for the issue they're investigating. No TSB because the investigation was only recently opened. There's a thread on here about it from not too long ago.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts

this is what I was thinking of. I haven't had any issues with mine related to the brakes or autobraking under cruise so I didn't look into it too much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0. My car will break automatically when I am traveling on 190 outside of DFW in areas that they had put temporary lane stipes when widening the highway and since completion ground those stripes away. The concrete is a different color and when i'm approaching these areas the car thinks that i am fixing to run off the road at a high speed. The car breaks very quickly. So, what I have learned is that I need to be totally aware of this condition and when approaching I steer the car across these removed strips at a slight angle (not leaving my lane). I guess the system senses my movement of the steering wheel and does not break.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0. My car will break automatically when I am traveling on 190 outside of DFW in areas that they had put temporary lane stipes when widening the highway and since completion ground those stripes away. The concrete is a different color and when i'm approaching these areas the car thinks that i am fixing to run off the road at a high speed. The car breaks very quickly. So, what I have learned is that I need to be totally aware of this condition and when approaching I steer the car across these removed strips at a slight angle (not leaving my lane). I guess the system senses my movement of the steering wheel and does not break.
"BRAKE" = to stop
"BREAK" = Damage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to provide an update for my situation. These errors were caused by a small crack in my drivers-side taillight. Since it has been replaced, the codes have not returned.

It was most likely condensation that was causing random small shorts that threw the computer(s) off.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
I wanted to provide an update for my situation. These errors were caused by a small crack in my drivers-side taillight. Since it has been replaced, the codes have not returned.

It was most likely condensation that was causing random small shorts that threw the computer(s) off.
Thanks for the update... not the first time I've read of issues when water/condensation gets into the taillights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.